Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goal

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    If you’re benching 225 24 to 26 in a single go then 315 is to low of a goal
    I’d say now it’s prob 12-14 haven’t touched a bar in a few months
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

You must be a big sumbitch or have some old man strength or both if you don’t touch a bar for months and can rep out 14 at 225. I hit 280 in Feb during a workout before our gym closed. Not the first time at that number. But I couldn’t come close to 225 for 24 at the time. Or is your “prob 12-14 now” like some other guys discussing their max...? “ awl man I hit 275 for a triple last time I tried but it’s been awhile now....”??? good luck with your goal. The runn8ng will come if you run 2days a week. When 3seems easy, ease up the distance a little, then 4, then 5etc. Once you have some miles on your legs runn8ng 7 will just be mental. But if you haven’t been running at all, it’s going to take a little bit to build the base unless you’re under 30. Then you should be able to do it just because you’re young.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I can’t help you with that kinda bench weight but I’m sure it’s like running. It’s all moderation. I average 60miles a month at 9min miles. I started at a mile, then 3, then 5. Now I don’t go out unless I get at least 5 miles in. Running is very mental though. I can’t run unless I have music and consistency sucks. If i run the same route too many times , i get used to it and get bored. Shoes are very important and I agree that Fleet Feet helped me a lot back in the day. I never knew what real shoes were until I spent the money and got the right arch support. Shin splints suck and even with the right shoes. If you push yourself too hard , you will get them. Add a mile every two weeks. I used to move around and stagger you’re and down, gradually increasing. It helped with recovery.. If your going to go hard, ice yourself even if it doesn’t hurt. Your working your muscles and they will thank you.

Yeah I’ve been up to four miles now. I can feel a little pain from shin splints. Def not unbearable hope it doesn’t get any worse
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Ice, stretch, and try to get off the pavement to run. Shin splints might also mean you need to ease up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    You must be a big sumbitch or have some old man strength or both if you don’t touch a bar for months and can rep out 14 at 225. I hit 280 in Feb during a workout before our gym closed. Not the first time at that number. But I couldn’t come close to 225 for 24 at the time. Or is your “prob 12-14 now” like some other guys discussing their max...? “ awl man I hit 275 for a triple last time I tried but it’s been awhile now....”??? good luck with your goal. The runn8ng will come if you run 2days a week. When 3seems easy, ease up the distance a little, then 4, then 5etc. Once you have some miles on your legs runn8ng 7 will just be mental. But if you haven’t been running at all, it’s going to take a little bit to build the base unless you’re under 30. Then you should be able to do it just because you’re young.
    At that time I hadn’t touched a bad but haven’t quit doing dumbbell bench. Not big at all, I think that what helps me some is that I haven’t really taken any time off since I was 14. I love it

Think I’m gonna try five miles today....the heat is rough

Well, I’m a quitter. Getting busier at work and deer season so I’m backing off of the running. Did get 315 and six miles. I have found out I ain’t no runner.