Thread: Black Bellied Ducks

Default Black Bellied Ducks

Anyone ever see them north of Newberry? I was driving down 76 and swear I saw 4 land in a little pond just north of Neel's Grocery a little before 7 this am. I've seen them in the ACE numerous times, but never that far inland.

Almost turned around to verify, but didn't have time. Maybe just dreaming it.

I don't know for sure but I hope you're right.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Hope they spread with the quickness!

I’ve got them flying over my house fairly regularly but that’s in the Lowcountry
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I saw a photo of a few on a golf course in Saluda the other day.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'll be headed that way again in the am. Definitely going to stop and see. I'm pretty pretty good with birds. They definitely weren't Woody's.

y'all don't get all giddy over it.
    They "will not" be around during the hunting season.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I hope you're right. It would be great if they could get established up that way

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Neither are most of my local grown woodies but I still get giddy about 'em every time I see a brood on a local lake or river. In mild weather seasons (which seems to be the norm anymore), many of y'all are able to harvest local woodies.......let us hope that some BBWD's linger so folks here can do the same.

I'd LOVE to hear the whistle and squeal of BBWD's here on Lake Murray!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

We need our one-day October season back again...just one day...

My buddy claimed he saw a pair while scouting near Clemson years back. One day and then gone.

There are BBWD’s around during the season if you know where to look. Folks kill them every year in certain areas.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I've had them nesting on my place for close to 10 years now but never seen a single one past September.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I've had them nesting on my place for close to 10 years now but never seen a single one past September.
    Not that it's to their leaving the property, but I was curious if you've ever observed how successful their hatch survival is?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

There are several areas East of you that we have seen them into December. My son found some this past season during Christmas break not too far out of Hampton County.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Not that it's to their leaving the property, but I was curious if you've ever observed how successful their hatch survival is?

Theses survived pretty good. Far as I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

There range expansion is a testament to their overall nest success.

There range expansion is a testament to their overall nest success.
    That was before we eliminated Global Warming by hiding from a virus that doesn't exist.

They nested in Clarendon County last year.

Broods and Parents stayed through the Thanksgiving season and booked out 2 days after.

We did not shoot em, nor did any surrounding clubs, and none were killed close by on the lake that I’m ware of.

I really hope they return this summer.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Didn't see them today, but very confident thats what they were. Not giddy, just like seeing waterfowl. I don't hunt in the area anyway.