Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midway air rifle deals

Thanks RK. Ain't really got no neighbors
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I got mine yesterday. The scope sucks. Adjustments didn't make POI change. I took it off. I may put it back if I can figure out why it isn't adjusting. I already tried running the turret screws all the way to the stops in both directions. I want to clamp it in a vise and see if the reticle moves as I turn the screws.

I only had some old Crosman pellets and the accuracy isn't impressive. I just ordered several different brands and type of pellets to find which work best.

I like the feel of the gun. It's a bit big but comfortable. It cocks easy and hits hard.

Glad you told me before I get one. Would you say for the money it's worth it before I order
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Mine is coming today. Midway also has a bushnell 22 scope on clearance 75 dollars
    Last edited by mello_collins; 05-12-2020 at 01:50 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I played with it some more. The scope is frustrating but after a little exercise, it started working better. I recommend screwing the turret screws in and out several times when you start. Some adjustments didn't seem to take effect until the gun had been shot a couple times, suggesting the internals of the scope are sticky and need some percussive adjustment. I still had some flyers but it mostly shot inside a 1 inch circle at 15 steps.

I'm not sure what distance the scope parallax is optimized for. At close range, 15 feet or so, I had more than an inch of apparent reticle movement when I moved my eye around the limits of the exit pupil. I couldn't get my vise twisted to let me try it at a different distance. A good cheek weld and consistent mount should help with that.

The gun itself didn't repeat very well until I had a few dozen shots through it. I probably should have run a bore snake through it before I started.

I'm happy with it and it looks like it might settle in and get better as I go. There is also a good chance that one style of pellets will be better than what I have been playing with.