Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midway air rifle deals

Default Midway air rifle deals

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotio...onditioned-air

I bought a reconditioned Gamo a few years ago. Haven’t any problems out of it but the free rats around the house have.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I’ve got a .177 that was a reconditioned gun from the them. It’s the Bone Collector edition Whisper if I’m not mistaken. Bought one for me and one for my father at $70 a piece. They have been nothing but fun with the included scopes! I’ve killed everything from squirrels to armadillos with it.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I’ve got a .177 that was a reconditioned gun from the them. It’s the Bone Collector edition Whisper if I’m not mistaken. Bought one for me and one for my father at $70 a piece. They have been nothing but fun with the included scopes! I’ve killed everything from squirrels to armadillos with it.
    Same one I have. Army green?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Great find.

What’s the consensus on the .177 vs .22 pellet guns, and the minimum FPS to look for to efficiently take out squirrels up to 30 to 50(?) yds?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Great find.

What’s the consensus on the .177 vs .22 pellet guns, and the minimum FPS to look for to efficiently take out squirrels up to 30 to 50(?) yds?
    Out to 50yds I think your bigger problem will be accuracy of the rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, mine is the OD green tacky feeling stock similar to an over molded Hogue. I sighted it in and it’s been a great shooter out to about 35yds.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Out to 50yds I think your bigger problem will be accuracy of the rifles.
    That’s why I added the (?) to the 50 as I have no idea what these new pellet guns are capable of... although Ring King set the outer limit to 35 with a .177.

My old RWS pellet gun is a piston .177 that probably doesn’t top 500 FPS so I limit any shots to maybe 7-10 yds. Hardly worth much effort most of the time. It sees more use scaring the neighbor’s cat. Although one time it did come in handy at quite a distance to running off a cantankerous bull from next door after jumping the fence to get to my green brushy meadow during a drought 10+ years ago. Hitting him in the pecker was just enough to convince him to run home.
    ~ George Washington

Are these pump guns. I am serious, I want a good bb or .177 to give this goose a limp on the other leg.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    That’s why I added the (?) to the 50 as I have no idea what these new pellet guns are capable of... although Ring King set the outer limit to 35 with a .177.

My old RWS pellet gun is a piston .177 that probably doesn’t top 500 FPS so I limit any shots to maybe 7-10 yds. Hardly worth much effort most of the time. It sees more use scaring the neighbor’s cat. Although one time it did come in handy at quite a distance to running off a cantankerous bull from next door after jumping the fence to get to my green brushy meadow during a drought 10+ years ago. Hitting him in the pecker was just enough to convince him to run home.
    That was officially the nerdiest shit I've ever read

So which one is better, Whisper or Hornet?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

These are all break barrel actions. Not pumps like the old 880 models that took ten pumps to get the power up. 1,000fps is generally the standard on this type of pellet rifle in .177. Some are a little quicker and some a little slower. To get the max speed you have to shoot PBA ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    give him time.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've always been a fan of .22 over .177. From my childhood days, I always had the advantage over my peers on wiping out neighborhood critters with fewer shots. Squirrels can sometimes carry a bunch of pellets before the succumb unless it's a head shot.

If the velocity gets over ~1000 fps, it can make the gun a lot louder because the pellets are supersonic.

The product overview makes the Whisper look better because it mentions a special upgraded trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I’d much rather post a ‘nerdy’ story occasionally than be a grown boy who still sleeps in a NASCAR bed...
    ~ George Washington

Break barrel means what excactly. It loads a spring instead of a pump? If so I am going to order one today. Just don't want nothing I got to put a co2 cartridge in
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 05-07-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yes. You break it open insert the pellet. Simple, some are more difficult to cock. Pellets affect accuracy buy JBS. If you did not learn as kid you shoot an airgun with an artillery hold (loose) and have to follow through.

The .22 is the best if you ever have shoot an aggressive pit bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure to use the free shipping code.

Mike

You are correct in that a break barrel air rifle “cocks” a spring when the barrel is broken open and then set back into place after loading your pellet. They definitely aren’t quiet. If you live in a neighborhood your neighbor will know when you shoot it in the back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Be sure to use the free shipping code.

Mike
    Damn, I did not see one. Still good enough deal. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero