Thread: Shameless plug-- GoFundMe for a comrade

Default Shameless plug-- GoFundMe for a comrade

Aight gents,

if y'all are in a giving mood today I got a respectable cause for ya. Technical Sgt Randall Stone, aka "Stoney". He's a fellow AF Reservist and friend of mine and could use some aid. The tornadoes in Neeses last month hit them hard and they narrowly survived by fleeing their camper just before a tree fell on it, and sat the tornadoes out in an abandoned grain silo nearby. The broad strokes of the story are in the article. They were shacking up with his parents in Columbia, but felt the need to go back down to the Lowcountry as they had a temporary place offered for them to live, and that puts them back where they want to be while Stoney hunts for work. They are renting a friend's second home on James Island, but know they can't stay there forever.

In short, they lost their primary vehicles to being smashed by trees, lost the camper they were living in, lost many of their possessions, and furthermore neither he nor his wife are currently working. By design, they were happily living the simple life in their camper in the middle of nowhere, and didn't want for anything... just two new parents and their son. Many of y'all I'm sure could appreciate that style of living... until the tornadoes struck and flipped things upside down. Both vehicles were older, and long been paid for, so won't be getting anything for them really. While the insurance company sorts it all out, they are in dire need of a few key items: a good vehicle (they are sharing one at the moment, but when Stoney finds work, another one would help a lot), a serviceable computer for him to do his military duties and apply for jobs on, and frankly, a they will need to find a more permanent place to live. Now, in all fairness they are savers, so they had money squirreled away, but it's being drained fast. Many of y'all know how diapers and baby food ain't cheap. For now, they are blessed to have their lives, a roof over their head, food, clothes, and healthcare. They can live within their means for a few months.

Anyways, anything y'all could donate to help take some stress off them right now, would be greatly appreciated. It would buy them some time while they prioritize their lives and figure out next steps, and furthermore will help Stoney focus on job hunting to get back on their feet.

Prayers are accepted as well, as I believe God can and will help them more than any amount of money ever could

Correct link below...
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-17-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stone-fam...cp+share-sheet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft