Thread: Stupidity kills

Default Stupidity kills

Every year these losers are weeded out Darwin style. Now a rescuer has been killed trying to find the stupid son of a bitch's body. Let them rot...

Rescue squad member dies during search for drowning victim at Jackson County waterfall
    Long-time member of Glenville-Cashiers Rescue Squad falls to death during search

WYFF 4Updated: 6:45 PM EDT May 5, 2020
    JACKSON COUNTY, N.C. —
    A search for a Western North Carolina hiker who had fallen into the water near a waterfall led to the death Tuesday of a long-time member of the rescue squad trying to to find him, Jackson County officials said.

Jackson County Public Information Officer Kelly Donaldson said the search for the hiker began Monday night when Emergency Management officials received a call at about 9 p.m. from Transylvania County.

They reported the hiker had fallen into the water at the base of Whitewater Falls.

The Glenville-Cashiers Rescue Squad and other responders worked to locate the victim until storms came in around 1 a.m., Donaldson said.

Due to safety concerns from the weather and difficult terrain, the search was temporarily suspended, according to Donaldson.

The search team returned to the area about 9 a.m. Tuesday, Donaldson said.

Jackson County Emergency Management, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, the Transylvania County Sheriff’s Office and Fire Department, a swift water rescue dive team from Henderson County, along with other public safety departments from surrounding areas joined the search.

The victim was identified Chandler Manuel, 24, from Rockwell, and his family was notified, Donaldson said.

During the search, a rugged remote high line operations repelling team was searching for Manuel.

One of the team members, whose name was not released, fell from a rope during search operation and did not survive the fall, Donaldson said.

His body was retrieved from the bottom of the falls at 4:15 p.m. by a National Guard N.C. Heart helicopter team, according to Donaldson.

Ten other search team members were below the falls, while eight others were on their way down to the falls at the time of the incident, Donaldson said.

All 18 of these members survived safely, according to Donaldson.

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations is investigating the incident, which is standard when a death occurs in the line of duty, Donaldson said.

The search for Manuel has been suspended for the night, but will resume first thing in the morning on Wednesday, according to Donaldson.

Maybe you know something that is not divulged in your post, but based on the information in you post, I'll provide a different take on the situation...

An unfortunate fatal accident occurred when a man slipped into an intense whitewater river below one of the most beautiful waterfalls on the planet. Not one to sit on his fat ass drinking beer in a congested shit-hole of a city wasting time making stupid comments on a website to folks that he didn't know, the hiker at least died doing what he loved doing...enjoying the beautiful outdoors. No one knows exactly what happened, but the hiker certainly would not have wanted anyone harmed looking for his body. Unfortunately, despite supposedly being well trained rescue personnel, at least one of the rescue crew made the absolute inexcusable rookie mistake of not adhering to the cardinal rule of not putting yourself in unnecessarily dangerous positions during a rescue thus creating more victims and compounding the already tragic situation. While it appears that the deceased rescuer didn't even really know what he was doing if he fell from a high suspension line, it would be premature to assume and state that not knowing all of the facts surrounding the incident. Even if it turns out that the rescuer truly did not know what he was doing and was not experienced enough to be in that situation and indeed put himself in that situation in slippery, high water conditions immediately after a storm...it would certainly be a classless, tasteless...Ill leave it at that...move to somehow suggest that he deserved it.

WTF man? Did you know and hate the hiker? Pretty strong vitriol at someone who just tragically lost his life in his prime.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

And before anyone gets bent about the fat ass beer drinking shit hole city comment...I'm talking about myself! I'm in Terre Haute, Indiana in a sub-par hotel that has fox news blocked out...so I'm drinking beer and Woodford Double Oaked and eating too damn much jimmy johns and pizza...avoid Terre Horrible, IN if at all possible.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 05-10-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Thats about how I feel about Baton Rouge...

The 2nd description reads like it was written by an emotional dipshit with an axe to grind. Probably a Bernie supporter...

....oh wait. Whitewater wrote that? I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Thats about how I feel about Baton Rouge...
    Stroube's

Parrain's

Two local BR options that can keep you off pizza and cheap sandwiches.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

A former neighbor died there two years ago.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"