Thread: Maryland or North

Default Maryland or North

I need to look into a guided hunt in Maryland or North targeting Black ducks and puddlers. This is a bucket list for a great friend so need a little assistance on solid guides you all may have experience with. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If it’s going to be a true bucket list kinda deal, I would go to PEI and shoot them.
    Formerly DM88

Yes, I agree. Go to PEI. I have a good friend who guides there. He can take you out for East Coast Barrow’s Goldeneye too. Depending on time of the season, you can shoot 4 or 6 Black Ducks a day. From Lexington, was about a 26 hour drive.

Concur. PEI for a lot of reasons. 4 Black ducks per day. Great people, fresh local seafood and pretty spectacular location. Well worth the effort.

I need to make a return trip.

Second for me would be Rhode Island shooting them in the estuaries.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Thanks guys - I'll start looking into PEI. I see Rhode Island estuaries as a second. Any others out there to consider? Many thanks!

In Rhode Island, Captain Brian Rhodes - " The Swampers" ( if still in business) is highly recommended. We knocked off Sea Ducks in the AM and Black ducks in the afternoons. Great folks.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 05-05-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    Thanks guys - I'll start looking into PEI. I see Rhode Island estuaries as a second. Any others out there to consider? Many thanks!
    I have a guy in New Jersey that has high success rate on Brant and Black ducks. (his specialty). I will find his contact info and PM. Another interesting place to gun.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I have a guy in New Jersey that has high success rate on Brant and Black ducks. (his specialty). I will find his contact info and PM. Another interesting place to gun.
    New Jersey is like California. Folks knock them for what they see on tv. New Jersey is 2nd to none for Brant numbers. Black Ducks are good too. You get out the cities, and folks are a lot like us, just talk different. Don’t try to pump your own gas in Jersey either. You’ll get cussed out quick for touching a pump.