Thread: 97 Yamaha 20hp short

Default 97 Yamaha 20hp short

I bought one of these a while back on a War Eagle 436. It's been sitting outside it appears for a while. Cranks up and runs but I shut it down since I didn't have it in any water or muffs on it just to make sure it would crank when I met the guy. Where is the best place to buy parts for it? I know it'll need a impeller and probably do the housing while I'm in there. Would like to replace the rubber grip on the throttle since it's dry rotted. Needs new hoses and gas tank probably. Wouldn't mind letting someone else go over it good that could check the carb and stuff. I'm in the Florence area. Thanks

There should be many outlets with parts available online, look up your serial number and order needed parts off the schematic.

I'd find the local Yamaha dealership and develop a relationship. Get to know the guys in the parts dept. Yeah, you can order directly from Yamaha on the yamahaoutboards site, but you might need a random oddball part quick like and the local folks will have some scrounge you can go thru.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Boats.net or ebay. Local parts store. Ebay usually has best prices. If you just need a water pump kit and housing then you should have plenty of options.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Thanks

I've had that same motor since 2012. It's been perfect but a little cold natured because it's carbureted. I keep a spare of the important stuff either with me in the boat or back at the house including a carb kit, water pump kit, fuel pump kit, castle nut, thrust washer and prop. I used to use ishopmarine but they closed so I just use boat.net now and power tech for props.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I have a brand new complete handle that may fit it that i'd sell cheap.
    Low country redneck who moved north

If it'll fit I will take it if you'll ship? Or my daughter lives in Greenwood and her bo works for Clemson ext up there if we could work it out.

Just stay away from Allen's marine over there in Florence. You could buy a new one by the time you get done paying what he charges.

I heard that. That's about what my brother said about him when he did some work on his boat.