Thread: Montana bear hunt.

Default Montana bear hunt.

I'm debating on heading to Montana to bear hunt around the last week of may. I am looking for a travel companion/driving help. Any one interested?

Shoot me some details. I might be interested
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Shoot me the particulars via pm or text me 803-518-4587. I am out of town some in May so I just need to see when you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Non resident hunting is shutdown. Check their website and see if it’s been reopened

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    Non resident hunting is shutdown. Check their website and see if it’s been reopened
    It has already been reopened as of 4/25. The 14 day quarantine has not, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    I'm debating on heading to Montana to bear hunt around the last week of may. I am looking for a travel companion/driving help. Any one interested?
    Can I hunt too?? Or I’m I just a bag boy/driver??

Turkey season is open!!! Do both

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Can I hunt too?? Or I’m I just a bag boy/driver??

Last edited by beanhunter; 05-04-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I'm going to check on any quarantine issues tomorrow. Will PM everyone interested with more info.

WTH is wrong with ya'll- we have real passion building and ya'll letting it slide???

A buddy is chasing bear in Wyoming today. After 2 weeks. is headed home tomorrow. The weather turned south and his fellow hunters went home earlier.

He was trying to gun down a particular cinnamon bear when we last talked. Not sure of his success. He mention his 7mm was not enough. Looking into an 800 yd gun.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

800 yard gun??

Man, the fun of a bear hunt is glassing one and trying to get in range. Fun hunts. Hopefully bout August or Sept ( if the Kungflu is over) I will be glassing berry patches in WA .. We always see color phase bears. Super cool animals.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I dont know if it's just me, but I wouldn't ruin a good OOS trip by taking none of yall. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Maybe you're a brave soul and willing to risk it but I wouldn't go OOS, especially that far, with some googan I met on scducks. Good luck and shoot a big one. Can't wait to hear the story when you get back.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    I dont know if it's just me, but I wouldn't ruin a good OOS trip by taking none of yall. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Maybe you're a brave soul and willing to risk it but I wouldn't go OOS, especially that far, with some googan I met on scducks. Good luck and shoot a big one. Can't wait to hear the story when you get back.
    There are a lot of dip shits on this site, but some good people too. I’ve been on numerous OOS trips with members here, some of the trips were the first time I met them.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Try a charter bus full of scducks members going to Mississippi to duck hunt one year. That was an adventure in and of itself and I still have PTSD from that crack house we stayed in.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I was wrong when I said Wyoming. He was in Montana.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I live in Bozeman, there is still a mandatory quarantine in the state for all non-essential non-resident visitors coming into the state. FWP has been a real mess throughout this entire ordeal. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Harry_McAdams; 05-13-2020 at 09:39 PM.