Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banks working on the 3.0 duramax

Default Banks working on the 3.0 duramax

For anybody else that felt like being a Guinea pig for the 3.0 duramax, seems banks is developing a derringer for them. Guessing gains won’t be HUGE being as always Banks is California compliant with emissions.

https://official.bankspower.com/insi...r-development/

Well, somebody needs to work on it and go ahead and get on the 6.6 too. I’ve had my 2020 50 days today technically. The dealership and GM have had it 29 days a total of 5 times. The truck itself is damn nice. The Duramax and Denso are fucking garbage. GM is replacing the truck supposedly but there is a process that evidently takes a while, instead of taking the exact truck off the lot and putting my shit in it and on it. When it gets replaced, I’m trading it. Hopefully I can drive it straight to a Ford or Dodge dealership nearby and find what I want.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Denso?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Denso?
    Fuel system. GM went Denso and dumped Bosch. He got a lemon unfortunately. I’m glad they went Denso so far.

You will regret it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Well, somebody needs to work on it and go ahead and get on the 6.6 too. I’ve had my 2020 50 days today technically. The dealership and GM have had it 29 days a total of 5 times. The truck itself is damn nice. The Duramax and Denso are fucking garbage. GM is replacing the truck supposedly but there is a process that evidently takes a while, instead of taking the exact truck off the lot and putting my shit in it and on it. When it gets replaced, I’m trading it. Hopefully I can drive it straight to a Ford or Dodge dealership nearby and find what I want.
    Whoa...did I miss something...did you get rid of the Platty already? Im at 55k on the 2017 6.7 Larry...fill me in Salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spinny Derbish View Post
    Whoa...did I miss something...did you get rid of the Platty already? Im at 55k on the 2017 6.7 Larry...fill me in Salty.
    3 tailgates because they couldn’t figure out how to keep it from dropping when I was backing a trailer at random. The Synch system had a poltergeist that did random shit all the time. Supposedly fixed until it did the same crap a week later. Brakes and front tie rod worn out at 40k. Then there was the defueler hose thing, they tried to gouge me for all new lines because of one crimp, I solved that in 30 seconds with a PEX tool.

Bought a GMC Denali, it’s a hunk of shit, well the engine and fuel system is. GM’s replacing the truck. I’m getting another Ford in short order when they start making them again, probably 7.3. Maybe a RAM, don’t know yet but not a GM.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-01-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’m moving my 3.0 after 900 miles. Amazing the power gain over the 2.8 I had in a Colorado.

Salty has had the worst experience with his GMC as maybe anyone in America. Even on facepage I haven’t seen anyone with worse luck.

Mark, what was your build date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Salty has had the worst experience with his GMC as maybe anyone in America. Even on facepage I haven’t seen anyone with worse luck.

Mark, what was your build date?

Don’t have one. They’re trying to figure out what went wrong still. They have me in a very comparable loaner right now so I’m not bitching about that. I’ll drive this thing like I stole it until a new one gets here. This loaner has been completely different than the one I bought.

Don’t have one. They’re trying to figure out what went wrong still. They have me in a very comparable loaner right now so I’m not bitching about that. I’ll drive this thing like I stole it until a new one gets here. This loaner has been completely different than the one I bought.
    Good deal. Mine was built last July and the only issue was a rear window leak. I think all of them prior to December build dates did that.

My build date was July of 19

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    I’m moving my 3.0 after 900 miles. Amazing the power gain over the 2.8 I had in a Colorado.
    I’m loving the MPG’s with my commute. 25-26 mpg consistently hand calculated. Had a few 27 mpg tanks but not often. I’m around 8500 as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    What?

Default Banks working on the 3.0 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    What?
    I think he meant loving” instead of moving.

Last edited by led0321; 05-02-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Loving...damn autocorrect on iPhone

3 tailgates because they couldn’t figure out how to keep it from dropping when I was backing a trailer at random. The Synch system had a poltergeist that did random shit all the time. Supposedly fixed until it did the same crap a week later. Brakes and front tie rod worn out at 40k. Then there was the defueler hose thing, they tried to gouge me for all new lines because of one crimp, I solved that in 30 seconds with a PEX tool.

Bought a GMC Denali, it’s a hunk of shit, well the engine and fuel system is. GM’s replacing the truck. I’m getting another Ford in short order when they start making them again, probably 7.3. Maybe a RAM, don’t know yet but not a GM.
    That sucks....Mine has been flawless so far, but I did get KRT to lay hands on her so that could be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spinny Derbish View Post
    That sucks....Mine has been flawless so far, but I did get KRT to lay hands on her so that could be the difference.
    That makes a difference you know. We even drank a cold beer afterwards.
    More fuel = more boost!!

What are y’all taking about that has the 3.0

GM 1500 now has 3.0 duramax to compete with ford and Ram 1500 diesels.

Any one know how to permanently disable the auto stop function? Tapping the button each time gets old and I would like my starter to last as long as possible.