Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gator attack

Man that is sad.

Sadly enough that doesn’t suprise me. I’ve fished out there for a long time and those are the most aggressive alligators I’ve ever run across. People seem suprised by that but when you get them accustomed to being fed chicken necks it’s only a matter of time before that happens.

Why there is a season at all on such a pest is beyond me. Should be treated like hogs and coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Why there is a season at all on such a pest is beyond me. Should be treated like hogs and coyotes
    Like button.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    You mean that? They been around a lot longer than Kraft-Heinz
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    Sadly enough that doesn’t suprise me. I’ve fished out there for a long time and those are the most aggressive alligators I’ve ever run across. People seem suprised by that but when you get them accustomed to being fed chicken necks it’s only a matter of time before that happens.
    I'm like you, not surprised, fucking yankees move here and think it's cute to feed them. Now those assholes will be throwing a fit to have the state come in and clean the gators out.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Man that is awful I work on kiawah everyday there is a pile of big Gators there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Shotunderit View Post
    I'm like you, not surprised, fucking yankees move here and think it's cute to feed them. Now those assholes will be throwing a fit to have the state come in and clean the gators out.
    Very true

Oak Point has the biggest ones I’ve seen in a community.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Why do all of the stories mention “encounter” with gator? Was she killed by the gator or was she bit and died or did she have a heart attack? Serious question, would love a real answer. The biologist that did from a snake bite on SNWR had existing eart issues and a previous heart attack. It was later speculated that he had a heart attack and died after a non-lethal bite. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Why do all of the stories mention “encounter” with gator? Was she killed by the gator or was she bit and died or did she have a heart attack? Serious question, would love a real answer. The biologist that did from a snake bite on SNWR had existing eart issues and a previous heart attack. It was later speculated that he had a heart attack and died after a non-lethal bite. MG
    Maybe so, but tooth will argue, much like china bat lab flu, underlying condition or not, it was the flu that killed you. So, if you have a heart condition and the gator scared the crap out of you and you had a heart attack, it was the gator that killed you.

I heard she got way too close taking pictures and it grabbed her and pulled her in. Her friends had been yelling at her to backup when it grabbed her.

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    I heard she got way too close taking pictures and it grabbed her and pulled her in. Her friends had been yelling at her to backup when it grabbed her.
    If that's the case, well then...

If that's true...

Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

Allow apex predators to become overpopulated while agencies and greeny groups romanticize them and stupid prizes are a dime a dozen. Gators serve no purpose that a 22 can't handle all day everyday.
    Genesis 9;2

What I was told is similar, but no mention of photography. According to the person that I spoke with, the victim/volunteer saw the gator in the pond and wanted to touch it. She squatted down on the edge of the pond and when she reached out to touch the gator it lunged at her and latched onto her thigh.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotunderit View Post
    What I was told is similar, but no mention of photography. According to the person that I spoke with, the victim/volunteer saw the gator in the pond and wanted to touch it. She squatted down on the edge of the pond and when she reached out to touch the gator it lunged at her and latched onto her thigh.
    That’s the story as told to me by a Employee in the big office at Kiwah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I call it the Steve Irwin effect...and, unfortunately, the Steve Irwin result...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Allow apex predators to become overpopulated while agencies and greeny groups romanticize them and stupid prizes are a dime a dozen. Gators serve no purpose that a 22 can't handle all day everyday.
    That’s a dipshit comment from such a champion of our natural resources...