Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultimate Turkey Gun

Last edited by BugBuster; 05-06-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I use a 21" barrel 12 ga Remington 870 with WW Longbeard #4's and Remington turkey choke. Anything inside 45 yards is dead..........So I guess it's ultimate to me. Has been for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Y’all must be hunting out of blinds over food plots are something fuckin with scopes on turkey guns. I run and gun in all types of habitat. I wouldn’t get a shot off half the time if I had a scope or optic on my gun. Those fuckers come in on me in the most fucked up spots they can. All I have time to do is get my shit up, get the barrel half way straight and boom! Flop, flop, flop! The last turkey I killed was just over a ridge in some hardwoods. He was maybe 100-150 yards away by the sound of it when I set up. I thought word, got my shit up, called, he would gobble straight out in front. Called again, gobble, closer, straight out in front. I’m down on the gun with safety off waiting for that white head to stick up. I catch movement in my peripheral to the left and this motha standing there like 15 yards looking a me like I’m crazy. I can’t move. He starts walking off, goes behind a tree, steps out, boom! I sho didn’t have time to be lookin through no damn optics!
    This sounds like just about every experience I've ever had with eastern birds...except for the flop-flop-flop part.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!