Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Turkey Gun

Default Ultimate Turkey Gun

Now with nothing to do but think of next year, it’s time to build a new gun. If you had to build your dream turkey gun, what would it be?

I’ve already got a Benelli M2 24” 20ga
    Remington 870 compact 20ga

Thinking about a .410 or maybe time to get a 12ga.

Gun will get the Rob Roberts treatment and perhaps a Trijicon RMR.

Hard to beat the $200 Stevens single shot with a Burris fast fire 3 or vortex venom.

There’s nothing to build. Just buy a 20 gauge 11-87 and you have the ultimate everything gun. Tough as nails and will cycle anything you put through it. Those MOFO’s run like sewing machines.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 05-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.

That benelli is hard to beat if it throws a good pattern. Put a red dot on it, get it dipped and feel like you built your ultimate turkey gun

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    perhaps a Trijicon RMR.
    You weren’t kidding when you said Ultimate

Only thing cooler than what you've got is a M1 . Aside from of those just build another one of those two you've already got a little differently.

I do like the Tristar 410. 28 Gauge is another option for something different. I have no desire to ever tote anything bigger than a 20 again.

Y’all must be hunting out of blinds over food plots are something fuckin with scopes on turkey guns. I run and gun in all types of habitat. I wouldn’t get a shot off half the time if I had a scope or optic on my gun. Those fuckers come in on me in the most fucked up spots they can. All I have time to do is get my shit up, get the barrel half way straight and boom! Flop, flop, flop! The last turkey I killed was just over a ridge in some hardwoods. He was maybe 100-150 yards away by the sound of it when I set up. I thought word, got my shit up, called, he would gobble straight out in front. Called again, gobble, closer, straight out in front. I’m down on the gun with safety off waiting for that white head to stick up. I catch movement in my peripheral to the left and this motha standing there like 15 yards looking a me like I’m crazy. I can’t move. He starts walking off, goes behind a tree, steps out, boom! I sho didn’t have time to be lookin through no damn optics!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 05-01-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I sho didn’t have time to be lookin through no damn optics!
    Actually you had plenty of time, you just don’t know what you’re talking about, aiight?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Actually you had plenty of time, you just don’t know what you’re talking about, aiight?
    I’d rather have that 20 gauge double in your profile pic for turkeys than a damned jazzed up piece of plastic with a scope!

Y’all must be hunting out of blinds over food plots are something fuckin with scopes on turkey guns. I run and gun in all types of habitat. I wouldn’t get a shot off half the time if I had a scope or optic on my gun. Those fuckers come in on me in the most fucked up spots they can. All I have time to do is get my shit up, get the barrel half way straight and boom! Flop, flop, flop! The last turkey I killed was just over a ridge in some hardwoods. He was maybe 100-150 yards away by the sound of it when I set up. I thought word, got my shit up, called, he would gobble straight out in front. Called again, gobble, closer, straight out in front. I’m down on the gun with safety off waiting for that white head to stick up. I catch movement in my peripheral to the left and this motha standing there like 15 yards looking a me like I’m crazy. I can’t move. He starts walking off, goes behind a tree, steps out, boom! I sho didn’t have time to be lookin through no damn optics!
    4 birds in 2 states this year, not a one in a blind or field. All through Trijicon RMR. Red dot is primarily for what you are talking about- quick target acquisition.

I’d rather have that 20 gauge double in your profile pic for turkeys than a damned jazzed up piece of plastic with a scope!
    Nobody in this thread is talking about a Scope except you.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Now with nothing to do but think of next year, it’s time to build a new gun. If you had to build your dream turkey gun, what would it be?

I’ve already got a Benelli M2 24” 20ga
    Remington 870 compact 20ga

Thinking about a .410 or maybe time to get a 12ga.

Gun will get the Rob Roberts treatment and perhaps a Trijicon RMR.
    Put a speed feed stock on that M2 then put your choice of dot (trijicon, Burris, vortex). Send it to Rob for cerakote/dip and all of his magic.

1-5/8 oz 9’s. Shoot rabbit man when he pops out from behind his beagles, just to prove a point.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Speed feed? Planning on taking out the entire flock?

Franchi affinity 20 with a custom fit Weatherby sa459 pistol grip stock. Trijicon rmr with a cut down version of the scalarworks mount for the rmr. IC BDS in .562 shooting tss 9s
    Thinking of getting the barrel cut or just buying a 24” and keeping the 26.
    She’s my Frankenstein and I’m fine with that.

EA3F56AD-7893-438B-99E9-D24A11126FE0.jpeg
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

[QUOTE=joshua2;2740466]Franchi affinity 20 with a custom fit Weatherby sa459 pistol grip stock. Trijicon rmr with a cut down version of the scalarworks mount for the rmr. IC BDS in .562 shooting tss 9s

That gun looks like it fell from an alien spaceship.

Sigourney Weaver Aliens?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Any shotgun that will pattern. It ain't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Franchi affinity 20 with a custom fit Weatherby sa459 pistol grip stock. Trijicon rmr with a cut down version of the scalarworks mount for the rmr. IC BDS in .562 shooting tss 9s

EA3F56AD-7893-438B-99E9-D24A11126FE0.jpeg
    How much fitting did you have to do to get that stock to work?
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Used a Dremil to get the shape right and to round off the edges. Made a custom spacer out of aluminum to take up the empty space for the factory stock bolt to be used. It looked pretty dang good when it was still matte black. Once I had everything camoed it looks like it came that way.

Remington SP10. My buddy has one and I’ve hunted with it a few times. It’s a turkey smasher.