Thread: dang.........

Default dang.........

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...staken-turkeys

Must not have been shooting TSS.. glad the young men will recover.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

As with every single one of these incidents, I just don't get it. Glad they are going to be okay.

What the fuck is wrong with people...look and identity before you shoot.i hope the kids dad lay a whooping on that guy's ass.

It has never ever crossed my mind....I think that’s a turkey moving.....I’m gonna shoot it
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

That’s just plain ignorant and totally irresponsible. Guy should lose his license for a couple years. Lucky he didn’t kill one of those kids.

Once the final tally comes out, GA may own the record for most humans shot during turkey season 2020.. buncha folks been peppered so far ..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Either side of the gun in this story can happen to any of us. Always remembering that and acting accordingly is the best, but imperfect, prevention.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Either side of the gun in this story can happen to any of us. Always remembering that and acting accordingly is the best, but imperfect, prevention.
    I dont see how unless its a person setup behind a real turkey and catches shot that doesnt hit the bird. Anyone shooting movement without definitely identifying thier target doesnt belong in the woods or with a gun

I had a situation in FL last year that I almost shot something that wasn’t a turkey. I had a gobbler answer me and felt sure he was coming, as I was where I thought he wanted to be. I had no indication that there were multiple gobblers. The hens arrived and walked by and I saw the gobbler coming into the hammock. He was in range and I was easing my gun to the left and waiting for him to go behind a tree to make my final move. He was pushing harder and harder left, making the situation more difficult. I then spotted a second gobbler more or leas right down my gun barrel. He was feeding left to right like the hens had done, and was going to be a much easier target. I was in the dark shady oak hammock and he was on the edge kind of in patchy sun. His head was that dull red that osceolas get mid morning, so it wasn’t shiny. He went behind a tree, I made my final gun move, his head popped up and must have popped immediately back down to feed. Exactly where his head had been was a red flower that the sun was hitting and I absolutely could not distinguish it from his head. Thank God this was an important turkey to me and I was taking my time focusing to make a good shot. I was within a second of waxing that flower when I saw his head pop up 5’ to the right. I swung and shot him. Scared the hell out of me, and as his buddy flew over to flog him, I stared at that flower. I can promise you that I’m not the only person that could’ve almost made that mistake.

So, yes, I can see how someone could shoot something that isn’t a turkey. I almost did it. I don’t see how someone could mistake a person for a
    turkey.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands