Thread: Can you get turkey tags ASAP

Default Can you get turkey tags ASAP

Going turkey hunting in the morning and asked buddy of mine if his 2 teen boys wanted to go, naturally they are chomping at the bit but then in dawned on me they do not have tags

Not sure if they can get online confirmation and hunt on that or not??

Thanks

You can printout off temporary tags online
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

You can purchase them online and print a temporary pdf of your tags. The printout is only valid for say 10 days, then your real tags are expected to arrive by then.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    You can printout off temporary tags online

Thanks

Their Dad is going to do that today

Was not sure

I hope they both get a long beard. Post up some pictures. We have to get the kids involved and it's great of you for taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I hope they both get a long beard. Post up some pictures. We have to get the kids involved and it's great of you for taking them.

Well on the younger one went(13) but he had a blast but unfortunately his guide did not pull it off.

We owl hooted and located a gobbler and close the distance till felt we were close enough. For over an hour the bird gobbled but hung up about 150 yards out with a hen . At one time we had another bird gobbling behind us as well. Set my young hunter up for the shot and hoped for the best

Even though we never pulled the trigger he is hooked , in fact his Dad called me this afternoon and said “THANKS, now I got to take both boys turkey hunting in the am and do not know a damn thing about it “ (jokingly of course ) ��

Been many years since I have got to experience and youngster doing something like this for the first time, I enjoyed it 10x more than he ever did and he truly had a blast. He loved hearing the bird gobble.

We tried some more spots and I sat down and drank a cup of coffee and showed him how to use a box call and a slate call and let him have at it

Honestly best turkey hunt I have had in many years

Here is a pic I snapped of him and he was like this for over an hour

DFE490F2-7D63-408A-884F-9E1F93829B16.jpg
    Last edited by tprice; 05-01-2020 at 08:05 PM.

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to get my son behind the gun

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    That’s awesome! Can’t wait to get my son behind the gun

Honestly forgot what that feeling was like. Have had the pleasure of putting all 3 of my nephews on their first deer and 2 of them on their first stripers, redfish, sharks and that never gets old

Unfortunately My own son never gave a rats butt about hunting, he has been and nothing against it but just not him. He is some type of sport 24/7 but his 5 1/2 yr son (grandson) is already going dove hunting with me and loves to shoot his 22

Like you can not wait for the day I take him