Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Default COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media

"Media hyped the virus and alarmed Americans to the point of shutting down the economy"

So the media issued states of emergencies and issued executive orders? I did not realize the the power of the POTUS and governors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 04-30-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Government has to, or should, act on the will of the people. If the media convinces enough of the population that the boogey man is going to get them to they point of hysteria, and they demand that the government acts to save them, then the government officials have to act, even if they feel it may be unwarranted (remember Trump calling it a Hoax from the start), or overblown, or risk the consequences. I'm also sure that with that many competing interests, its hard for even the top to get unbiased information and weed through the intention misdirection.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I don’t have the time or feel like going back and finding it but in one of these virus threads, I distinctly remember saying that I can’t wait to see all the conspiracy theorists tout low/lower than predicted deaths without acknowledging any of the social distancing measures put in place....

Future proves the past. Maybe I am Q?
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Government has to, or should, act on the will of the people. If the media convinces enough of the population that the boogey man is going to get them to they point of hysteria, and they demand that the government acts to save them, then the government officials have to act, even if they feel it may be unwarranted (remember Trump calling it a Hoax from the start), or overblown, or risk the consequences. I'm also sure that with that many competing interests, its hard for even the top to get unbiased information and weed through the intention misdirection.
    So you are admitting that Trump is no different than the rest of the ‘swamp’ and just does what he has to in order to keep his job? I thought that’s the type of stuff he ran against..?
    Formerly DM88

Social distancing, warranted. Stay at home, maybe/maybe not. (Compare Sweden). Continuing to stay at home, absolutely not.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    So you are admitting that Trump is no different than the rest of the ‘swamp’ and just does what he has to in order to keep his job? I thought that’s the type of stuff he ran against..?
    Not sure when this turned into Trump this or Trump that. a few of you seem fixated on that topic. Not interested in discussing or debating my opinions on trump. I'm saying that a person in the top spot, whomever that might be, has to make decisions based ,at least in part, on the will of the majority, even if they don't fully agree (only referenced Trump to illustrate he had reservations). And i agree 100% that the media regularly falsely represents issues to sway public opinion one way or another.
    Last edited by everlast; 04-30-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

I don’t have the time or feel like going back and finding it but in one of these virus threads, I distinctly remember saying that I can’t wait to see all the conspiracy theorists tout low/lower than predicted deaths without acknowledging any of the social distancing measures put in place....

Social distancing, warranted. Stay at home, maybe/maybe not. (Compare Sweden). Continuing to stay at home, absolutely not. There were unknowns. Decisions had to be made based on models and theories. We now have data and, at this stage, the cure is worse than the disease.
    -Samuel Adams

Hey you are not the only one.

May favorite is the early model said without doing there could 250k deaths. Model today is 72k deaths with measures taking. Yet like they pretend the media called for the restrictions they pretend the restrictions were not taken.

Right wing media does not sell well with good news they need conspiracies of the left and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your standing in line in a store 6 ft behind someone that has the virus then you move up to where that person was just breathing wouldn't you get it?. If it's so contagious and all? Still don't really understand the social distancing thing.

Work a week in medicine, it is no hoax. It isn't just the very old with alot of chronic disease either. I am in support that it shouldn't just be doctors or public health officials determining when we get back to normal as what has happened to the economy and jobs is a very real outcome..... but this right wing conspiracy that this is a hoax is insulting and quite sad. I lost 3 patients that were on my service last week.

I also like the ones who were against the aggreaive nature of precentive measures taken.... yet now that the numbers are better than anticipated as proof they were unnecessary... you ever think those public health measures ARE the reason it isn't as bad as coukd have been. More people than entire Vietnam have died in 1.5 months
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 04-30-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Work a week in medicine, it is no hoax. It isn't just the very old with alot of chronic disease either. I am in support that it shouldn't just be doctors or public health officials determining when we get back to normal as what has happened to the economy and jobs is a very real outcome..... but this right wing conspiracy that this is a hoax is insulting and quite sad. I lost 3 patients that were on my service last week.

I also like the ones who were against the aggreaive nature of precentive measures taken.... yet now that the numbers are better than anticipated as proof they were unnecessary... you ever think those public health measures ARE the reason it isn't as bad as coukd have been. More people than entire Vietnam have died in 1.5 months
    Get out of here with all that real world perspective. It's a damn hoax!

I work in computer network security. It's a good analogy to what is happening here. Folks HATE security because it makes your computer hard to use. They do all they can to skirt the protective measures and bitch about the ones they can't sidestep. They deem them too intrusive and unnecessary. Then, when they get hacked, they look for a scapegoat in one of the security people who didn't insist on tighter controls or didn't somehow prevent them from responding to an email phishing attempt. The security people react by implementing controls that make the network practically unusable. If those damn users weren't on the network, we wouldn't get hacked. If the network is unusable, why even have it?

Heard on public radio earlier about the growing list of health care workers, doctors, nurses, etc, that have lost their life as a result of doing their job. Tell them how much of a hoax it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Social distancing, warranted. Stay at home, maybe/maybe not. (Compare Sweden). Continuing to stay at home, absolutely not.
    I'm with you, boss.
    Carolina Counsel

7400 people die daily in America non pandemic. That’s 333,000 in a month and a half. 2.7 and some change a year. Not to mention America murders almost 1000000 babies a year by abortion. I M glad you’re in healthcare, that was your choice. I’m not saying the virus isn’t real, but it is blown way out of proportion. And my response is to you talking about Vietnam statistics. 1000s of people die every day without the virus.
    867-5309

75% of the population are idiots and some think we need to have mob rule during times of crisis. Here’s just one example how stupid people can be. We have a constitutional republic for a reason. Unfortunately it has failed us a lot lately. Mobs dictating policy. I swear.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Holy crap would some of you please turn off the news, turn off the computer, and go outside for a while. Breathe and realize it will all be ok in the end. People turned to the lord, rekindled their family values, put work back into the place it belongs, and realized they need to save money. It hasn’t been all bad and we will recover. We always do and that’s what makes this country great.
    For the ducks

I don’t believe it’s a hoax but I also don’t believe the death number. Not when hospitals are getting $x amount for every patient. While I am not in healthcare the majority of my family is and has already seen fraud when it comes to covid patients.