Thread: Polaris Ranger Winch

Default Polaris Ranger Winch

Looking to install a winch on my Ranger Crew XP1000 and need some input on the best winch out there. It will not see a ton of use and abuse. Recommendations??

KFI Winch with synthetic line. I have one on my ranger and it's been great. I've got mine off of Amazon. They have 3500 & 4500 models. Comes with corded remote and rocker switch to mount on the dash.

Warn
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I’ve got a warn on my Polaris I’ve only had it for a short time so not much input on that. We have all warn winches on our work trucks that get a workout weekly if not daily during certain times they have always worked will. That being said I put a smittybilt on my personal truck because it was a heck of a deal on it on amazon. It’s been used a lot and it’s held up damn good so far

I've always been Warn. Still have several. But after reading tons of reviews on ATV\SXS forums, I stepped away from Warn for my Polaris. I would do it again tomorrow. Now having said all that, I would still only put Warn on my trucks.

I put a Warn Axon on my Honda Foreman a couple months ago. Never had any issues with a Warn and I've had several. I got the 3500 Axon but they have a 4500 for the UTV models. I've only used it once to pull up some bushes but the Honda didn't have enough weight as it just drug me back to the bush. It's self contained and you don't have to run the separate wires to a solenoid... Plus it's suppose to be sealed better with the Warn locking hub design for free spool features.

My Polaris General came with the Polaris winch and it shorted out some how within a couple weeks of buying it. I haven't went back to Polaris to see if they are going to stand behind it since the virus is going around and the shop is closed. It looks cheap made. I wouldn't buy one but it came on the package I bought.
    Last edited by SilverFox; 04-29-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Looking to install a winch on my Ranger Crew XP1000 and need some input on the best winch out there. It will not see a ton of use and abuse. Recommendations??
    For the same reason above I put the Harbor Freight 2500 lb model with the wireless remote on my ranger. I’ve only used it a handful of times and it’s worked every time. I keep a snatch block at the farm so I can double it to 5000 lbs if I need to. You can buy them with the coupon for $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Bass Pro has a Superwinch Terra 3500 ATV Winch on clearance in the bargain cave for $125

Warn is the only winch to buy.