Thread: 2014 BMW 528i 2.0 turbo fuel pump module reset.

Default 2014 BMW 528i 2.0 turbo fuel pump module reset.

This is probably a long shot but has anyone purchased the software and app or an OBD2 tool to reset the BMW F10 models. I have an Innova 3160 that will reset domestic cars but not the BMW.

I replaced the fuel pump module and the fuels sender pump now the module needs to be set to the car although it still runs fine.

The battery is still test fine but at almost 7 years old it should give up the ghost soon and will need a reset also.

My OBD2 will only reset domestics. If the software and hardware is near the cost of a dealer reset I would go rather purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have factory software and Autologic for BMW. I worked on those cars for 18 years at the dealer and continue to work on them.

You have to register battery after replacement
    Fuel pump module has to be coded or it will run full fuel pressure as a default.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’d also recommend replacing turbo oil feed line with updated one with check valve if you haven’t. It stops oil from leaking back into turbo with engine off.

Also if you have a pre 01/2015 build date which obviously you do, the timing chains stretch. If you have a rattle, replace them ASAP. I’ve seen engines destroyed when it jumps time. They updated the design late 2014.
    More fuel = more boost!!

... and KRT KRT's again!!!!!!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Thanks. I will change the turbo feed line. That is within my pay grade, any rattle with the timing chain I will bring to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first turbo failure from a stopped up feed line.

More fuel = more boost!!