Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which do you find more annoying

Default Which do you find more annoying

During all this craziness, which people do you find more annoying regardless of how we got here? Those espousing:

1. The we are all going to diehards

2. The it is all a hoax by The Man fraidy cats

3. The fencerida's who change their tune with the weather

I’m annoyed that I wasted my morning turkey hunting instead of throwing topwater for trout.
    867-5309

Yes
    Formerly DM88

4. Mergie

All of em. Quit yer bitching and ride it out. It'll be over soon. Oh and you need to add "The government ain't tellin me and mine what to do bo" crowd. Those are my favorites this week.

All of the above for sure.

I’ll add... Im annoyed by people who are so staunchly entrenched is one of those groups that they completely go off the deep end for their ‘cause’. IMO, the best way to go about this whole mess is to find yourself as a mixture of all three.

1. We are definitely all not going to die, although by the time this is over, I bet we will all know someone who did. If I had to guess, I would say the mortality rate is going to be 0.5% or lower. But if you are above 70, there is a decent chance you die.

2. This thing is serious. It has killed as many people in 1.5 months as a decent flu season kills in 6. It is also highly contagious given its novel nature. However, from a total population standpoint, the numbers are very small. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I do think the hardcore left sees a great opportunity for nationalization of certain industries. I also think a large amount of the overall hysteria has been media driven.

3. My views of the virus and it’s impact(s) have certainly changed from December to now. I don’t see how any reasonable person wouldn’t say the same.

At the end of the day, I wish the gov, media and people would just allow the constitution to do its thing. Local governments do what they see best for their area and work up from there with the state and feds supporting those decisions.

As individuals, You do what’s best for your family and I’ll do what I see as best for mine. Same model for businesses.

That’s just my $0.02...
    Formerly DM88

Wait til it comes back this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    I’ll add... Im annoyed by people who are so staunchly entrenched is one of those groups that they completely go off the deep end for their ‘cause’. IMO, the best way to go about this whole mess is to find yourself as a mixture of all three.

1. We are definitely all not going to die, although by the time this is over, I bet we will all know someone who did. If I had to guess, I would say the mortality rate is going to be 0.5% or lower. But if you are above 70, there is a decent chance you die.

2. This thing is serious. It has killed as many people in 1.5 months as a decent flu season kills in 6. It is also highly contagious given its novel nature. However, from a total population standpoint, the numbers are very small. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I do think the hardcore left sees a great opportunity for nationalization of certain industries. I also think a large amount of the overall hysteria has been media driven.

3. My views of the virus and it’s impact(s) have certainly changed from December to now. I don’t see how any reasonable person wouldn’t say the same.

At the end of the day, I wish the gov, media and people would just allow the constitution to do its thing. Local governments do what they see best for their area and work up from there with the state and feds supporting those decisions.

As individuals, You do what’s best for your family and I’ll do what I see as best for mine. Same model for businesses.

That’s just my $0.02...
    Hear ye.....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

That’s just my $0.02...
    Good Post.

What he said.

And those not admitting Trump and the Governors saved healthcare workers and the system.

Conspiracist that will not acknowledge if they were remotely correct Trump was fooled.

The Fox News Babel's lacking professional hair and make up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s just my $0.02...
    We are all going to die, it’s just when God says we are.

Personally, I don’t really buy into the hysteria one way or the other but I’ve learned to live life based on faith and that worrying about something like this isn’t going to make a hill of beans difference in my life. If you’re going to die from Covid19, that was determined before man ever gave this thing a name. Your birth and death were determined before your parents ever gave you a name, it’s what you choose to do in between that defines who you are and what you leave behind.

Live and enjoy life, we only get one. Do good, help others, love your neighbors and help those in need. Don’t sweat the other stuff.

Of course I have a much different perspective on things than most do as I sit here waiting for my best friend to take her last breath and take the hand of Jesus.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That’s just my $0.02...
    This right here. I agree with dubs 100%. Its not doomsday, but don't try to make out that its nothing at all and a big conspiracy.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

The paradox of preparation.

What Dubs said x 1000

That’s just my $0.02...
    Well said.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    4. Mergie
    I think that is saying all the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I’m annoyed that I wasted my morning turkey hunting instead of throwing topwater for trout.
    Shrimp were getting hammered as they flushed out at the last bit of the outgoing in the creeks.

I think I said at beginning of all of this that I wasn't afraid for myself. I was worried about the market, it was worse than what I was thinking or expecting.. I deal with a lot of people, some I thought were educated and same. They were not, this exposed almost every weakness. I know a few people personally who have passed with the virus now, and know a fair amount that never showed a sign.

But I'd say the fear mongers.. mostly in real life, there's some unstable mofos up in here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    We are all going to die, it’s just when God says we are.

Personally, I don’t really buy into the hysteria one way or the other but I’ve learned to live life based on faith and that worrying about something like this isn’t going to make a hill of beans difference in my life. If you’re going to die from Covid19, that was determined before man ever gave this thing a name. Your birth and death were determined before your parents ever gave you a name, it’s what you choose to do in between that defines who you are and what you leave behind.

Live and enjoy life, we only get one. Do good, help others, love your neighbors and help those in need. Don’t sweat the other stuff.

Of course I have a much different perspective on things than most do as I sit here waiting for my best friend to take her last breath and take the hand of Jesus.

I agree completely Salty. None of this is hypothetical for my family. As we speak, my grandfather is hooked up to a ventilator in an Atlanta hospital with no more than a few days to live. They are waiting for results but based on all the information and factors, he is a presumptive positive. He will pass away, my mom and her siblings will be lucky if they can be present via FaceTime. Sad situation but he is 85 and has had a great life. I only hope that I can make it to 85!

The most revealing thing about this whole pandemic is to see how the world thinks they are in control of things. This virus has shaken entire countries to their core, because of the veil of being in control. So in order to maintain ‘control’ their only option is to shut the world down. Sad times. If only people would just accept the fact that this world is a dangerous, fallen crappy place, roll with it and be thankful for each sunrise and sunset they get to see, this whole deal would be a lot easier!

As the saying goes ‘Death smiles at us all. All we can do is smile back.’
    Last edited by dubs; 04-28-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Formerly DM88