Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dumbest duck hunt?

Hunted ( I think it was Murphy's Island) several years ago. They got us to the boat dock and started checking bags. One guy had three boxes of shells and a liter of Crown in his bag. He told the warden he had a new choke and wanted to make sure he had the best shot size...…..need less to say, he did not get to hunt.
    Tight Lines

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    I watched 2 guys come to the landing with their 2 prized black ducks proudly displayed on the bow only to be confronted by the game warden who advised them that they were actually cormorants. They left with their pride hurt, and a couple of tickets.
    I hear this story all the time. Surely it's not true. I guess I wouldn't put it past some people.

I hunted Bear Island alone one time. There was a girl there that had also put in on her own. They put just the two of us in the same field, although we hunted seperately. I was impressed that she had the gumption to apply, and to hunt by herself. After the hunt, we pulled up at the pickup spot at the same time. When I asked her how she had done, she proudly showed me her "black duck". It was a fine double crested cormorant. I said "Here, let me do you a favor" and I pitched it out into the spikerush. True story, and I'll probably get a ticket now that I've fessed up.
    Last edited by GMAC; 04-30-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I hear this story all the time. Surely it's not true. I guess I wouldn't put it past some people.
    Potato Creek Hatchery WMA.

One my friends peed on the camp fire one morning while we where getting ready and the smell made me projectile vomit. Thunder chicken and myself somehow got stuck on a stump in 10 ft deep water and it took us about 4 hours to get off of it.

Potato creek turned into a shithole.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 04-30-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Couple years ago I was taking out at the ferry. There was a boat load of kids with a 20ft center console war eagle loaded down....4 or 5 yutes, 1 kayak and several bags of decoys) they had taken out ahead of me. They had started taking pictures of birds on the back of the boat. As my wife pulled up behind them they threw a coat over said pile of ducks and waited for me to load up and pull off. As I pulled off they removed the coat to reveal 3 mergansers and 2 buffleheads. I got a good laugh out of that
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Have seen people with woodduck decoys on the santee coastal hunts. They came out with 2 bluebills and a merganser I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by duckfrye1 View Post
    Hunted ( I think it was Murphy's Island) several years ago. They got us to the boat dock and started checking bags. One guy had three boxes of shells and a liter of Crown in his bag. He told the warden he had a new choke and wanted to make sure he had the best shot size...…..need less to say, he did not get to hunt.
    haha.. when keepin it real goes wrong!