Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove Club Inquiry/Membership

Default Dove Club Inquiry/Membership

I am looking to join a club within 45 minutes of Lexington. Looking to mainly join to bring my 12yo to shoot. We lost our field due to a housing development complaining and he was just getting into the swing of things. Let me know if you know of any openings or opportunities to join somewhere. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Just out of curiosity, (ballpark) what do dove club memberships go for?

I pay 500 for all 3 seasons near Georgetown.

I pay $300ish.

Damn I pay $100 bucks for my stand for the season and usually throw $100 more in for planting.

I pay $700 for a membership and I can take a guest. Essentially, I am paying for two memberships but not quite because of the way we draw stands. If I take a guest, I draw for a stand and my guest sits near me. If I decided to split my membership with someone, only one of us would draw and we would still sit near each other. I'm not in love with the way we do it because occasionally it feels a bit cramped. Even so, we have a waiting list and someone has to die for a slot to open up.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Just out of curiosity, (ballpark) what do dove club memberships go for?
    Let me know if you start one.

Love to find one myself to take my little girls to. Used to be everywhere. Seemed like as a kid everyone had a field.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Love to find one myself to take my little girls to. Used to be everywhere. Seemed like as a kid everyone had a field.
    Thats a FACT!

$500/gun for all three season.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    $500/gun for all three season.
    Y’all turned your field into a club?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

$150 for 10 hunts where I'm at
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I'm on my third year of planting dove fields and have come to realize the high prices are well justified. It's a lot of work and money in fertilizer, herbicides and seed. That doesn't count the taxes on the land, buying equipment, diesel, equipment maintenance and man hours.

Me and my partner did it for 10 years and we had the birds. He had the equipment and it is real time consuming and costly but we were in the cattle biz so we had to grow hay of some sorts, millet etc.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm on my third year of planting dove fields and have come to realize the high prices are well justified. It's a lot of work and money in fertilizer, herbicides and seed. That doesn't count the taxes on the land, buying equipment, diesel, equipment maintenance and man hours.
    Yes it is a lot of work and expensive (if you do it right), so I am happy to pay someone to dove hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Y’all turned your field into a club?
    No. That's another field I hunt about 10 miles up the road. Still doing the same as always, although only had two hunts last year (because it sucked so bad).
    Carolina Counsel

There's some dove fields around Darlington, right off I-20. It's a good area for doves.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-27-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    So true. I've been planting a field for the last 9 years. I plant roundup ready corn, Clearfield sunflowers, sorghum and brown top millet. I plant in strips and leave smooth plowed dirt in between. As soon as the corn matures I set my mulcher in the back of my truck and grind/blow corn on these open strips. Also 10-1 I cover these strips with top sown wheat. Its a lot of work and expense even though its on my land. I charge $275 per season(all 3) and usually don't break even.. The only "members are family and a couple of very close friends. But I enjoy doing it and the socialization that goes with it. Opening day we have a big dinner under my carport before drawing stands and going to the field. Which borders my front yard.
    Last edited by Model12; 05-06-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Any dove club openings in Fairfield county or around the great falls or Chester area let me know.

Interested in joining a club in the upstate. I’m in Greenville but willing to drive for quality. Let me know.
    Last edited by Row vs. Wade; 06-23-2020 at 12:29 PM.