Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rifle & Scope

2-10, 4-16, 3-15. I prefer Second focal for hunting. Most first focal long range style reticles get too small to use below 8-10x. If I’m shooing far enough to need to dial or use the reticle for elevation or wind I’m going to have the power cranked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I think he means the path is sent on a slightly higher arc to force it to cross the line of sight from the scope.
    Exactly, but it is true that we are supposedly may only be talking about 3mm. Almost half the width of some of these bullets we are worrying with. I saw it to be a bigger influence when considering 40 vs 50 mm. I like my scopes mounted low. I wish more of my 50s were 40's now.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Exactly, but it is true that we are supposedly may only be talking about 3mm. Almost half the width of some of these bullets we are worrying with. I saw it to be a bigger influence when considering 40 vs 50 mm. I like my scopes mounted low. I wish more of my 50s were 40's now.
    We are going backwards here. The path a projectile takes from the muzzle to the target DOES NOT CHANGE based on the scope. This is very simple physics. Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to why there is a little dial on top of a scope that clicks?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

No, it does not change. However, if you put different height rings and zero a scope for one set and change the rings for higher or lower, the flight path of the bullet changes in respect to the line of sight of the scope. Also geometry.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    No, it does not change. However, if you put different height rings and zero a scope for one set and change the rings for higher or lower, the flight path of the bullet changes in respect to the line of sight of the scope. Also geometry.
    No it does not. Nothing on earth alters physics. A scope simply creates an optical illusion nothing more.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.