Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outer Banks Netflix

Default Outer Banks Netflix

New show people are raving about set on the water in OBX. The little I saw, the acting was poor. Not sure where this is filmed but it looks more like SC than NC. Anyone watched?

My wife watched it and I caught some of it ... Worst acting I've seen in a while. Pretty sure it's all filmed in Charleston.

It’s filmed in Charleston, some mcville, some meggett.

I admit that in all its Dawson’s Creek-ness..... I actually enjoyed it and would watch a season 2.

Disclaimer: I has absolutely jack shit to do with anything related to any stretch of the outer banks I’ve seen, hunted, fished, or socialized in From Hatteras to Corolla
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I saw 2 minutes. That was enough. Hard to go from Helen getting her brain blown all over Marty and Wendy in Ozarks to some teenage scooby doo mystery show.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I saw 2 minutes. That was enough. Hard to go from Helen getting her brain blown all over Marty and Wendy in Ozarks to some teenage scooby doo mystery show.
    Spoiler alert. Dammit man!
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I think they said on the show there was a ferry from chapel hill to obx.

We tried watching it last night. Got about 12 minutes in and quickly realized that its just an East Coast version of an older show called The O.C. that my wife used to watch. It was cool seeing a lot of our local sights in there, but an absolute waste of time.

Glad it wasn't just me. I was beginning to think I was jaded as I watched The Gentlemen last night and fucking hated it...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Glad it wasn't just me. I was beginning to think I was jaded as I watched The Gentlemen last night and fucking hated it...
    Didn't enjoy The Gentlemen either. Really like Matthew McConaughey, but definitely didn't enjoy that movie. Was thinking about giving Outer Banks a shot but might pass for a while. Guess I need to check out Ozarks

Been watching Outlander. The first episode or two are a little slow but after that its pretty good. I think they just released season 5. We are in season 3 i think.
    Last edited by adamb61085; 04-23-2020 at 10:27 AM.

It was a bunch of high schoolers talking about their feelings and yelling at each other for the majority of the 15 minutes I saw. Same as all other shows for women. When my wife watches it, I put ear plugs in and read my books. Netflix is still butthurt about HB2 in NC so they filmed in Charleston and surrounding areas. Any online review of the show describes it as a "soapy teen drama" they aint lying.

Hell I can’t get into the ozarks. I’ve watched 2 seasons and just ain’t my thing.

Some friends' daughter is an extra in the Outerbanks show. We, of course, had to dial it up to see if we could spot her.

It doesn't get interesting until late in the series, when the rich girl's people show their true colors. It may get sporty from there, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Hell I can’t get into the ozarks. I’ve watched 2 seasons and just ain’t my thing.
    season 1 was pretty decent, season 2 was only so-so, but season 3 has been best yet

nothing else on lately, so streaming live artist performances most nights

Last Kingdom comes back Sunday...

Damnit. I clicked on this and hoped it was going to be like Bloodline.

Oh well...

It probably is. Just for millennials instead of adults. That is OK. What isn't is the acting. The guy who played Snot Boogie in The Wire was a better actor and he was dead...

I’m watching it only because a lot of it was filmed in my backyard.

was filmed partially near my house on James Island
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    was filmed partially near my house on James Island
    Do you live near lighthouse point?