Thread: Frogg Togg Refuge waders-- Walmart vs. Cabelas

Default Frogg Togg Refuge waders-- Walmart vs. Cabelas

On the final hunt of the 2019-2020 waterfowl season my trusty Hodgman DuraMag waders finally bought the farm after I know at least 6 seasons. Kinda lost count. Hard to argue with that serviceable life from a set of waders that have seen multiple states, countless briar-infested beaver swamps and at least a couple tubes of aquaseal. After I finished mourning I shofted my focus to its successor. I reeled, went back and forth, read some reviews, then read some more. I got texts from fellow SCDuckers telling me once I came over to the dark side and took the breathebale plunge, I'd never go back. So on strong recommendations from everyone who has the Refuges, I decided to try the Frogg Togg Refuge.

Along the way of my lengthy research I also learned that for vertically challenged people like myself, they offer a Jr model that has a shorter inseam, so there isn't a ton of extra material bunched up around the legs. Made sense to me. Another massive benefit Jr variation of these waders is that they come at a lower price point. I proceeded to scour the internet for a few weeks. Checked out at Rogers, Sportsman's Guide, checked me all, along with the big box hunting stores too. Ended up finding the best price at Walmart's site, unfortunately not surprisingly. Now, I'm not sure who despises Walmart more, me or the grumpy dentite. So I patiently watched and kept searching avoiding Walmart entirely, while hoping someone else would do a end the season sale and clear out their inventory. No dice.

After some more thought, ie procrastination, I thought on it some more and really REALLY didn't want to do business with the evil empire if I could avoid it. Then BAZINGA... I remembered Cabela's has a price match option. Not only will they match the price on the exact item, they also took off an extra 5%, and I think he even added the discount for me being military as well. Over $100 order, automatic free ship. After a 15 minute phone call with a nice fruity-sounding young man named Flint, I had my solution. Normal retail for Cabela's on this item was $289.99. $140 later my new waders are on the way to the house. Hopefully I'm as pleased with the waders as I am with the price I got on 'em.

I'm sharing in hopes that someone else can use this knowledge to save a buck or two, while hopefully sticking it to Walmart in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Well F cabelas then. Is it only on clothing type stuff they match prices? I asked a guy at the gun counter about a year ago to match a price on a gun.. They told me they wouldn't. I went to academy and they matched it plus the 5% off.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Here's the link: https://www.cabelas.com/category/Pri...2750221080.uts

I'm sure the details will reveal the limiting factor. Or maybe that one guy just gave some bad info...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Dang. What size foot do you have?

jpeg.jpg

You know what they say, "small feet, good discount sales."
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

8ish, 9ish

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know, it's odd.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds like Jew got a good deal...

Sure did. Who doesn't like a good deal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]