Thread: Looking for a Beaver Trapper

Default Looking for a Beaver Trapper

My girlfriends family leases a hunt club in the Sandy Run are that has a decent size swamp. The beavers are creating a real problem now. Is there someone that can trap the beavers? We want to repair the dam and start managing the water levels.

Grab a pack of Duke 330 conibear traps and set them up on the slides / trails. We used T-post to secure them down. The beavers will continue to use the same trails. We have caught dozens using this method.

https://www.amazon.com/Duke-Double-S...7571551&sr=8-5

This man can shoot a 50 yard crossing clay target but needs help with beaver management.. tsk, tsk.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm willing to learn. Sounds easy enough. How often do you check the traps?

Daily if possible but if not every few days or as often as you can.

A guy from Georgia told me to hang something bright yellow where the are making the dam after you bust it. I thought he was full of shit. I did and it made them move on to another spot to build. I used a bright yellow rain suit. They were stopping up the over fill pipe on one of my ponds.