Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tohatsu MFS60 AETS short shaft tiller steer Xpress 1650

Y'all bout got me wanting to possibly entertain the idea of one of these.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Y'all bout got me wanting to possibly entertain the idea of one of these.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Willy I thought I would never have one. I loved my 2 stroke hammers but this new Tohatsu MFS60 has some awesome power when you crank on that throttle. It almost feels like a powerband kicking in on a Yamaha YZ450 dirt bike I'll never go back to a 2 stroke.

I had my Ricky Bobby "I wanna go fast" phase there for a while. But the idea of being able to have a conversation at wide open throttle with another person in my boat is a mighty novel idea. Plus this 60 I hopped all up slam drinks some gas! The 4 stroke sounds more and more practical every time I think about it.
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-10-2021 at 08:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Notes on the Tohatsu warranty, relevant for anyone that likes to work on their engines themselves.

Conditions for Warranty

• The Pre-delivery inspection of the outboard must be completed on-line by a Tohatsu authorised dealer and logged on the Tohatsu Marine Website.
    • An authorised Tohatsu Service Centre must perform the recommended routine servicing/maintenance and repairs and record these on-line on the Tohatsu Marine Website.
    • The recommended service intervals must be strictly adhered to:-
    3mth, 12mth, 2yr, then annually or 20hrs (10hrs for Two Stroke or TLDI Models), 100hrs, 200hrs, 500hrs etc whichever comes sooner.
    • Off-season and pre-season checks and maintenance must be carried out.
    • Only Tohatsu genuine parts and recommended oil and lubes may be used for service and repairs.
    • The warranty will replace as required, any part that is proved defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
    • All parts replaced under warranty will be considered as part of the original product and any warranties expire coincidentally with the original product warranty.
    • The warranty will terminate upon failure to meet any of the warranty conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Notes on the Tohatsu warranty, relevant for anyone that likes to work on their engines themselves.

Conditions for Warranty

• The Pre-delivery inspection of the outboard must be completed on-line by a Tohatsu authorised dealer and logged on the Tohatsu Marine Website.
    • An authorised Tohatsu Service Centre must perform the recommended routine servicing/maintenance and repairs and record these on-line on the Tohatsu Marine Website.
    • The recommended service intervals must be strictly adhered to:-
    3mth, 12mth, 2yr, then annually or 20hrs (10hrs for Two Stroke or TLDI Models), 100hrs, 200hrs, 500hrs etc whichever comes sooner.
    • Off-season and pre-season checks and maintenance must be carried out.
    • Only Tohatsu genuine parts and recommended oil and lubes may be used for service and repairs.
    • The warranty will replace as required, any part that is proved defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
    • All parts replaced under warranty will be considered as part of the original product and any warranties expire coincidentally with the original product warranty.
    • The warranty will terminate upon failure to meet any of the warranty conditions.
    Buzz killer.

McCurry Marine.