Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tohatsu MFS60 AETS short shaft tiller steer Xpress 1650

Default New Tohatsu MFS60 AETS short shaft tiller steer Xpress 1650

I just recently sold my other 2 Xpress outfits and bought a newer 2009 Xpress 1650 boat and dropped a brand new Tohatsu MFS60 AETS short shaft tiller steer 4 stroke motor on the back of it. Just picked it up from the dealer today and the mechanic that tested it and propped it out said it would haul butt. Can't wait to see what she will do this weekend. 20200420_151000.jpg20200420_150948.jpg

That’s a good lookin motor. Good luck with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Very nice. Those Tohatsu motors are stout
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Nice motor.

Good looking motor, I’m interested to see what kind of speed you get out of it. I’m fixing to drop a new 60 Mercury on a 1648 tomorrow.

Be more specific on the "haul butt".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

That sumbitch just looks fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

So fast they had to put a spoiler on the top to catch air
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Be more specific on the "haul butt".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    As soon as I get to run it this weekend on some flat calm water I'll let you know what she will do Willy. They put a 17 pitch aluminum prop on it so I'll have to do a little testing before I buy a stainless steel prop for it.

I'd break it in well before I really ran it hard..... should run 46+ with good setup.

Nice looking motor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Gear case looks heavy duty Looks like a old OMC style and they are bullet proof
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Break it hell. Warm it up and let the bigdog eat

The gear ratio on that 60 you’d prob be every bit of a 15p or 16p stainless.

Update

Also interested. You've got the MFS60A, but they've also got the BFT60A. 60A looks lighter with a little smaller displacement.

I'm looking to repower my 1656 here soon and am toying with the idea of a Tohatsu 60, been set on a 3cyl Yamaha 90 but don't know if I want to deal with a 2 stroke and the weight of that motor. I've really liked my 4 stroke 60Merc so leaning towards staying the four stroke route.

From what I have read, Honda makes the BFT60A its heavier, but has more displacement and 1k more expensive. Most dealers around here have only quoted me the MFS60A, almost like they cant or wont carry the BFT.

Slick for sure
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Update. The motor has tons of power and torque and is very efficient on fuel. I've tested several props and have settled on a ybs 16p ss prop for light loads and fishing. With the ybs I can run about 42mph wot and 5,900 rpms. I just returned from my annual trip to Louisiana and it performed well. I can run 37mph wot at 5,600 rpms with 8 dozen decoys 3 men and all of our gear. I've just purchased a mercury vengeance 14p ss prop to accommodate for the heavier loads which should push my rpms back up to about 5,900 and still have a little better hole shot. I love the fact that it's simple to run and service and is unbelievably quiet. I also am very impressed with the power from mid range up to full power.

Thanks for info. Just picked mine up on Sat, but only had a chance to break in for 1 1/2. I find it’s louder than I expected, but has a deep throaty rumble to it, sounds bad ass. The trim switch in the throttle handle is still goofy, it rotates with the grip, unlike my old Yamaha. Once I get deeper into break in period I’ll start messing with props. Unfortunately mine is bolted to a bathtub, so I doubt I will see the speeds you are.

Quote Originally Posted by joelt1971 View Post
    Update. The motor has tons of power and torque and is very efficient on fuel. I've tested several props and have settled on a ybs 16p ss prop for light loads and fishing. With the ybs I can run about 42mph wot and 5,900 rpms. I just returned from my annual trip to Louisiana and it performed well. I can run 37mph wot at 5,600 rpms with 8 dozen decoys 3 men and all of our gear. I've just purchased a mercury vengeance 14p ss prop to accommodate for the heavier loads which should push my rpms back up to about 5,900 and still have a little better hole shot. I love the fact that it's simple to run and service and is unbelievably quiet. I also am very impressed with the power from mid range up to full power.
    Awesome! Mines a 25 and ninja quiet, but strong. Stock prop ran 29 with 2 guys and gear Saturday morning. We ran just over 28 miles, but I haven’t filled the tank back up so I’m not sure. Most was WOT so I expect I ran out about 5 gallons with that load. 4 days OOS only used 2.5 gallons.