Thread: S&G Safe Lock Locksmith Needed

Default S&G Safe Lock Locksmith Needed

I have need to replace the lock on a Browning safe. The lock is an S&G push button model. It is eating a battery every few weeks now and it is getting expensive. I have tried the local telephone numbers from their website and none of the numbers work. Before I internet a name and number I wanted to see if anyone here has a suggestion for a locksmith to replace the lock. I appreciate the help.

Rooster on here does it I believe.

Triangle safe and lock in West Columbia would be the first one I would check with.

Triangle just replaced mine in January.

Rooster. I believe he's in Columbia.

Is the safe open?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Thank y’all for the responses. I’ll PM Rooster and get it going.

Chuck, the lock works and the safe can be opened as normal. The battery used to last 4-5 years. Then it was a couple of months then one month. Of late the battery lasts only a few weeks at best. Replacing the 9volt battery is now costing me $8/month or more. I figure it’s time for a new lock.

I'd be scared to lock it.

Rooster13 is your guy
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Get your YouTube on and you can change it yourself.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'd be scared to lock it.
    I am at the point where I am scared to lock it for fear of it not opening.

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Anytime any of you have a problem with a safe lock (especially digital locks), please DO NOT SHUT AND LOCK THE SAFE! Call me or another locksmith to come out and determine what is causing the problem. Save yourself a lot of money by not having to drill the safe open. Sometimes we can not drill under the keypad and it leaves a bad looking spot on your safe where it was drilled. I had to drill my own personal gun safe open due to digital lock failure. They are very convenient and quick but they make me a lot of money.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!