Thread: GPS Tracking Device

Default GPS Tracking Device

Quick backstory, my lab went missing last Tuesday. He just vanished after getting through wireless fence (collar too loose, my fault) while a buddy and I were outside working on my hvac unit. This pup has never left our yard but regardless he was gone midday around noon. I posted him being lost on Facebook and social media absolutely blew up and folks came to Chapin from far and wide to hunt for our pup. The support was overwhelming! Sadly, I never received one tip or lead that he'd been seen which makes me think he was picked up and driven out of the neighborhood. I think the pressure of 1600+ "shares" of my FB post led to someone having a change of heart tho thankfully. Video evidence shows a car come into are neighborhood between 1:18 a.m. and leave 1:25 a.m. My wife woke up to hearing what sounded like a car door slam.....Cooper was in our garage, home and going nuts like he'd been away from us for a week. He was dry, clean and obviously didn't do what my other lab would do, run deer, hit the lake, local farm pond etc. I feel like I dodged a bullet and got lucky this time.......I don't want a next time!

Is there a gps tracking device that would work with my phone when there isn't cell phone coverage that folks here have experience? I can use my cell service here by the house but I'm thinking about hunting situations where I don't have service. Thank you for any help y'all can offer.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Dogtra pathfinder should be close, if not all, you want.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Whistle 3

Here's a screen shot of every place my dog has been today in orange. I track him from work on my phone and get a text if he goes out of the lime green circle.

Cell service is needed when you lose him and wi fi makes it more accurate(location updates every 2 minutes instead of every 6)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-20-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Pathfinder is what you need. I've hunted with one for 2 years and it works great. Has a shock collar built in as well. But make sure the one you buy has the shock feature. Some of the collars dont. pretty cheap for what they do too. Be happy to answer any questions

Thank you for the input!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill