Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craftsman tools at Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Wrong. Back to your desk now...
    Nailed that one. That was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    So because you’re clumsy,, someone owes you a new level?
    That’s what I was thinking
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Craftsman's warranty was excellent in the 80s. It replaced dull chisels, rounded screwdrivers, if anything was wrong with the tool they replaced it. The guy at the store told me if it didn't read level anymore it was covered under warranty.

Lowes will take anything back. My dad buys all the sos and return items from about 7 different locations. I opened a microwave box one time he had gotten and there was a rock inside.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Buy used SnapOn

I've heard of people buying power tool batteries, taking the cells out, filling it back up with rocks and returning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I quit buying Craftsman from anywhere. I started buying Husky from HD and seldom have one break where I always had Craftsman breaking. When one does, HD takes it back no questions asked.
    I've had great service from the Husky Brand also. Swapped out a 1/4" ratchet handle @ HD, no problem. Have a buddy who works for Apex Tool (used to be Cooper Tools) and he says Cobalt and the "new" Craftsman branded hand tools are junk.

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    I’m in need of some new sockets and always had real Craftsman. Now that things have changed for them, how’s the quality of their stuff ?
    Craftsman and Husky are made exclusively in China.

Most Kobalt hand tools are made in the USA if that makes a difference to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can now buy Kobalt on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Craftsman and Husky are made exclusively in China.

Most Kobalt hand tools are made in the USA if that makes a difference to you.

Yes it does. Thank you. I didn’t think there were many reasonably priced brands left that were made in USA.

Tekton tools have a good warranty
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    You can now buy Kobalt on Amazon.
    Kobalt/Lowes have always sold on Amazon. Husky does also all home owner tool makers have to. Even mid level brands like SK sell on Amazon.

Yes it does. Thank you. I didn’t think there were many reasonably priced brands left that were made in USA.
    Sadly, I never looked until today but I will in the future. I hope to avoid buying anything China. Dewalt seems like only manufactured of cordless tools that are at least assembled in the USA. Even Milwaukee, Ryobi and Rigid are made by a Hong Kong based TTI.

I recently changed out my electrical box with Klein tools (made in the USA) and bought a set of Channellocks (USA).

Screw China and their products.

I would bet almost all of Dewalts parts are China made and they are just shipped here to be assembled. Assembly consists of plugging in a couple connectors and screwing the housings together. Whats it matter where it is assembled?

I don't take contractors serious if the rely on Home Depot or Lowes.. yeah, let's go find the cheapest shit we can and put it in your house..

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    I would bet almost all of Dewalts parts are China made and they are just shipped here to be assembled. Assembly consists of plugging in a couple connectors and screwing the housings together. Whats it matter where it is assembled?
    Very true. I appreciate at least they are assembled here and helping employ those here but we should have more complete manufacturing in USA.
    As I’ve been looking it seems that every brand has a few tools made in USA but most are overseas still. Craftsman has measuring tapes and cutting knives made in USA, but most everything else overseas. Easy way to promote USA production although you have to search every piece to find out which is actually USA made.

Craftsman and Dewalt are owned by the same company. Milwaukee tools are also in China

A lot of tools brands are made by Stanley/B&D then stamped with the companies name. About like the riding lawn mower world.

I don't take contractors serious if the rely on Home Depot or Lowes.. yeah, let's go find the cheapest shit we can and put it in your house..
    Cheap shit like those tools are used because we normally employ dumbasses that break, lose or steal that shit. What I have in a job trailer to tighten down a bolt or undo a plumbing supply doesn’t cross into my shop.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Even for the average joe it is much easier to go to the local building supply and have them load or deliver lumber and supplies for anything major. Plumbing and electrical supply houses for parts. Tell the person at the counter what you need. Many of us me included me have almost forgot about small business.