Thread: New sod

Default New sod

So the bare patches of grass in my front yard are starting to get on my nerves and I’m thinking it’s time to start over. My question is can I lay sod on top of the existing grass or do I have to start from bare dirt? I experimented in a section that was pretty bare laying about 8sqft of fairly new sod a neighbor had pulled up because PUPS sprayed “very offensive” blue and yellow lines marking utility lines and it has taken nicely since I laid it down in late December.
    Thoughts and advice appreciated, snarky and pointless comments expected and will be ignored.

Paging Feets

Feetz makes house calls. Just have him swing by. He will typically come back and place the sod for you as well.

I was told you can if not a lot of weeds etc.

Friday I rented a sod cutter and removed the grass and weeds from my back yard, did some more tilling prep, and laid sod Saturday.

Would have been a whole lot easier to just lay on top but then you have all of the bad stuff still there.

If its pretty bare, till it and rock on, but if weeds I would get them out before laying new sod.
    Last edited by scdiver; 04-19-2020 at 12:55 PM.