Thread: Boom. And just like that...

Default Boom. And just like that...

TP preppers everywhere look brilliant despite 2th...

Oh shit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

As a neighborly gesture, 2th, I’ll send you a roll. You just pay the postage.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

The number of Spring maintenance outages that were cancelled to keep up with demand is unreal.

Looks like contents of a digester landing on the truck at the end.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    The number of Spring maintenance outages that were cancelled to keep up with demand is unreal.
    That will get in the pocket of a lot of hands. Nothing like those 84 hour per week paychecks. I’ve worked many a paper mill shut down in my younger days.

Whoever was driving that kamyr better leave town. That’s the end of that mill and the income for many a household. Yall just saw at least a couple hundred million dollars blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    That will get in the pocket of a lot of hands. Nothing like those 84 hour per week paychecks. I’ve worked many a paper mill shut down in my younger days.
    We've been asked to hold shipments back on a lot of paper mill outage orders across the US. I mean it's added up to a significant chunk of revenue...like a lot.

Power on the other hand is begging for their material. They don't want their shipments getting held up in the logistical supply chain nightmare that has been created. They are actually asking for early shipments, meaning they'll take valves now for 2021 outages if we have them to ship.

We've been asked to hold shipments back on a lot of paper mill outage orders across the US. I mean it's added up to a significant chunk of revenue...like a lot.

Power on the other hand is begging for their material. They don't want their shipments getting held up in the logistical supply chain nightmare that has been created. They are actually asking for early shipments, meaning they'll take valves now for 2021 outages if we have them to ship.
    Smart move on their part, no matter what the bean counters say about having excess inventory.
    ~ George Washington

They can't do the work if they don't have the material. The valves we make for the power plant's just can't be purchased off the shelf. Most of the valves that go into paper mills, including their boiler house can be found on the shelf at most valve manufactures and distributors.

They can't do the work if they don't have the material. The valves we make for the power plant's just can't be purchased off the shelf. Most of the valves that go into paper mills, including their boiler house can be found on the shelf at most valve manufactures and distributors.
    Interesting. Just out of curiosity, do you know if there are reasons the power plants couldn't be designed using standard parts and supplies?

I know little to nothing about power plants, but during my years in manufacturing we'd occasionally have to deal with an engineer or three who liked to design new equipment with custom parts and eventually we'd end up redesigning it to use standard parts.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Interesting. Just out of curiosity, do you know if there are reasons the power plants couldn't be designed using standard parts and supplies?

I know little to nothing about power plants, but during my years in manufacturing we'd occasionally have to deal with an engineer or three who liked to design new equipment with custom parts and eventually we'd end up redesigning it to use standard parts.
    A lot of parts especially for Nuclear Power Plants have to have a paper trail and quality certified from manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Pressure and Temperature

Boiler houses in a paper mills don't hit the pressure and temps needed to get into alloys such as C12A or F91. Most of their needs can be met with WCB. Occasionally you'll see a line that needs WC6 and rarely WC9. Which again, even WC9 can be found on the shelf. There are specialty companies that carry some C12A but that's a huge financial burden to carry that inventory. Main steam isolation and non-return valves along with hot reheat valves in a combined cycle plant are C12A due to pressure and temps. Most coal plants operate in a range that WC9 and below are generally acceptable as well. And as Jamey29657 said, if a valve is going to a nuke in and or around the reactor it will have to have an N stamp. But even their standard valves outside of the reactor often require special seismic testing.