Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tshirts

Default tshirts

Does anyone know a good business that makes t-shirts that are made and woven in SC from SC-grown cotton?
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 04-12-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    At least I'm housebroken.

That may be tough, but I like the way you're thinking.

I worked for Fruit of the Loom for 15 years and all of the govt contract briefs and t's had to be manufactured domestically back then. I'm sure Obummer changed that. The cotton was grown here(Memphis Eastern). Yarn,knitting,bleach/dye/finish, cut,sew all done in the US. Eventually everything went to South America, most likely the govt stuff too.

Try homegrowncotton.com A friend from kingstree makes shirts from local cotton.

That should be Trump's reelection promise. Bring all manufacturing back home. Make America America again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoke View Post
    Try homegrowncotton.com A friend from kingstree makes shirts from local cotton.
    awesome! that's what I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    That should be Trump's reelection promise. Bring all manufacturing back home. Make America America again.
    yup

That sound great but will Americans want to pay the price at the register?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    That sound great but will Americans want to pay the price at the register?
    This right here. Especially in South Carolina.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Default tshirts

That’s how you get to pay $60 for a t-shirt.

Y’all can chant MAGA all you want but we are responsible for all of this overseas manufacturing. We want cheap goods and lots of it. You/we chose Walmart I’ve Mr and Mrs smiths local store and here we are.

You can bring back the manufacturing. Sure. Good luck getting people to A) work there and B) to pay the high price of the final product.
    Last edited by Glenn; 04-12-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Danamarco.com

He’s shooting me a $1200 bill so I can step up my locally grown Tshirt game. Choo choo
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Levi’s are the same price now as they were when I was in high school 35 years ago, about $45. Made in the USA Levi’s 501 retail for $148. We have benefited from communism and the economics it provides. The bigger problem is they are closing the quality gap so Made in th USA becomes a great sentiment, but not necessarily a denotation of superior product in many cases.

Remember when people talked about “that cheap Jap stuff” then they became a de facto standard for automobile build quality, easily surpassing American and German carmakers? I believe pharmaceutical products are key to our national security and should be made here, everything else is up for debate. DU caught shit right after 9/11 for their hats not being made in the US. The next year they were and people complained about the price. I am open for solutions. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Made well in the USA...not just made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    DU caught shit right after 9/11 for their hats not being made in the US. The next year they were and people complained about the price. I am open for solutions. MG
    We all talk the talk but are not willing to walk the walk. You can only pick 1- made in the USA or cheap.

Our govt regulations made being competitive with overseas unregulated products impossible. The foreign manufacturers in the past have flooded our markets with subsidized products in an attempt to destroy our manufacturers and industry- there has been an economic war raging for decades.

To make matters worse- one of our political parties has enabled our foreign competitors in every way, by driving up our cost of doing business, by demanding businesses carry huge payroll, benefits and tax burdens and at the same time stopping any tariffs designed to level the playing field.

It is and has been a national security matter for decades- guess who feels like national security in a very low priority?

We need every item that our country consumes and that is required to maintain our self sufficiency to be produced here. Companies need a level playing field to do so.

If tariffs were raised to level the field, America might return to the old ways of saving, frugality, buying a quality product that lasts for many years, and stop spending their way into debt and being a throw away society.

We need old school economics again, with 1941 attitude to work together and defeat the enemy .

There is no gain without pain, no success without sacrifice.

I like that in principle but all of it doesn't need to come back.

Levi jeans cost $148?

Default tshirts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Our govt regulations made being competitive with overseas unregulated products impossible. The foreign manufacturers in the past have flooded our markets with subsidized products in an attempt to destroy our manufacturers and industry- there has been an economic war raging for decades.

To make matters worse- one of our political parties has enabled our foreign competitors in every way, by driving up our cost of doing business, by demanding businesses carry huge payroll, benefits and tax burdens and at the same time stopping any tariffs designed to level the playing field.

It is and has been a national security matter for decades- guess who feels like national security in a very low priority?

We need every item that our country consumes and that is required to maintain our self sufficiency to be produced here. Companies need a level playing field to do so.

If tariffs were raised to level the field, America might return to the old ways of saving, frugality, buying a quality product that lasts for many years, and stop spending their way into debt and being a throw away society.

We need old school economics again, with 1941 attitude to work together and defeat the enemy .

There is no gain without pain, no success without sacrifice.
    Saved me a lot of typing.
    Last edited by Woodiewacker82; 04-12-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    awesome! that's what I am looking for.
    He makes polo shirts. But he may be able to point you in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I would check out Loggerhead apparel. This is a great place to look and call.

Maybe also try call graphic cow.

Both are out of Greenville, SC. Loggerhead has strong ties to Awendaw.