Newbie here. Our family has a 3 month old Boykin Spaniel that is an absolute joy. We purchased it because we haven't had a dog in a while, but most importantly because my son and I felt like we needed a retriever while duck hunting. We've been doing some basic things with him such as crate training, bell training, and playing fetch. He fetches with gusto! Takes after the little trianing dummy or a ball wide open! He brings it back, but when outside he wants to play keep-away. Inside with different toys he brings it right back to whoever threw it. I've been reading Dokken's retriever training book as it was cheap as a Kindle book and a trainer recommended it. I'm on one of the beginning chapters where Dokken starts talking about introducing feathers and wings. Just so happens I have a female gadwall I've had int he freezer for a few years that I had planned on mounting with a nice drake. I'm wondering as to where to cut it and if I need to try and preserve it with something before I start using it? Any ideas or experience with this would be helpful. Thanks!