Thread: Weather Station

Default Weather Station

Been throwing the idea of buying a home weather station around for a while now and with this most recent (a few hours ago) storm rolling through I started looking at them. It would come in very handy during fire season to get a better localized reading on what the humidity, wind speed, and direction are. Do any of you weather gurus have any suggestions? As of now I can’t seem to find a suitable internet provider where I am located so I’d need one that would run without WiFi. The middle of the road Acurite unit looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Just get weather underground and use someone else’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Just get weather underground and use someone else’s.
    That doesn’t sound near as fun.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    That doesn’t sound near as fun.

There’s 2 main benefits to my plan:
    A. It’s a helluva lot cheaper.
    B. It’s portable.

With the app you can just pull up the nearest weather station to where you’re located at the time and view all of its data.