Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If it was around Horry or Georgetown county they were probably Marsh rabbits....aka Bluetails. I see some every year at Lynchfield around the sand dunes. They thrive is that costal habitat.

Marsh rabbits do alot of sneaking ,tip toeing, and holding tight. Their scent isn't as strong as a cottontail. They can fly when they need to. It takes a methodical line dog to do a good job on Marsh rabbits.

There's a bunch in the WMA on Hwy 501 at the little pee see.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    This was down in Colleton on the Edisto and Barnwell in the 80’s. We’d smoke the cottontails but those old fellows would go to cussing and having a fit when those dogs got on one that headed straight for the water.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve caught some fish and killed a turkey, so I’ve had enough spring/warm weather to get my fix. I was thinking yesterday I just wanted to chase a dog through the woods again and this thread is making it worse

Ya’ll stop
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I always called a swamp rabbit a blue belly. You start seeing rabbit pellets on stumps and you know you are in them. I have found they tip toe and love to double.
    I have seen a few cottontails ( mainly buck rabbits) that ran way off and then circled. We would have to go over and kill him. Then some that took some circles that had me reaching for the transmitter.
    1 cane cutter or had to be was in Burke County, Georgia. Didn’t get him, but that sum beyotch was stretched out. That was a big ass rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    I have seen a few cottontails ( mainly buck rabbits) that ran way off and then circled. We would have to go over and kill him. Then some that took some circles that had me reaching for the transmitter.
    That's because they are out of their normal home range looking for a mate(rabbit rut). This is usually late season. When they get jumped they run straight to their home range and then circle and run like a normal rabbit. It sucks when they run off the property on to somebody else's.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-14-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    That's because they are out of their normal home range looking for a mate(rabbit rut). This is usually late season. When they get jumped they run straight to their home range and then circle and run like a normal rabbit. It sucks when they run off the property on to somebody else's.

This man is wise.