Thread: Oxygen for bait tank

Default Oxygen for bait tank

Who uses one? Which system? Keepalive? What size O2 bottle? Which regulator? Thanks in advance.

All my tanks have a dannco venturi on them. You can order them from striper soup or directly from dannco. If you go the oxygen bottle route just get one of the green bottles from harbor freight. You can get a regulator from a pharmacy, doesn’t have to be fancy just keep it turned down LOW. One of the round keep alive stone/pad works very well.
    Last edited by Grebe; 04-08-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

How does oxygen work in the summer time? Does it make the water to cool in the bait tank that it stun the bait when put in the lake water. I thought about putting in my 50 gal tank.

I have a 30 gallon Super Bait Tank II. I am planning on adding O2. All of my friends swear by it, especially during the summer.

Go see Richard Hall at Lake World in Lexington, he has all the equipment you need for O2 systems. It works really well in the summer months.
    "run and gun guide service"

Guy at work that bass fishes said he adds peroxide to live well in summer to keep bass alive.

I use oxygen and have for a few years. The bait does the best with the keep alive stone but it is not very durable. I use a pentaire Stone now. Pm me and I’ll be glad to share my experience. BJ

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    Go see Richard Hall at Lake World in Lexington, he has all the equipment you need for O2 systems. It works really well in the summer months.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Guy at work that bass fishes said he adds peroxide to live well in summer to keep bass alive.
    Yep.....keep the water cool with ice and add an oz or two of hydrogen peroxide.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-08-2020 at 07:59 PM.