Thread: Boomless Sprayer Issues

Default Boomless Sprayer Issues

So I’ve got a 200gal Reddick Boomless Sprayer. I’m running a Boomjet nozzle and a Hypro PTO pump. This is a converted book sprayer so it has the selectable valve on it. When the PTO pump is on but the valve is off the pressure gauge reads 60psi...when I switch the valve on it drops below 15psi and I’m just not getting the distance I’d like. I changed the suction hose on the PTO pump to a high pressure hose, I’ve cleaned the filter. I’ve blocked off all other outlets except the ones for the nozzle and the agitation. This thing should be covering a solid 40-50 feet from one end of the spray pattern to the other and it might be getting half that. I walked into this sprayer and was not the one to set it up but I’m assuming it was done properly. I’m attempting to spray ditch banks and then will move to spraying bird woods. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

It sounds to me like you don’t have a big enough pump. I’m no expert though.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    That’s what I’m leaning towards. I started messing with it this afternoon. I’ve got a couple of other pumps in the shop that I think are bigger that I’m going to try.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Can you cut off agitation and send everything to nozzle/nozzles. That's what I do with mine. I use agitation only when I'm mixing.......not when spraying.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-07-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Can you cut off agitation and send everything to nozzle/nozzles. That's what I do with mine.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I’ll have to look at that tomorrow.

I'm in need of a 50-100 gallon 3pt sprayer. If anyone has one let me know

Those boomless nozzles are high volume, you need to drop some money on a bigger capacity pump!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    he's right

about the expert part....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You changed that suction hose to high pressure, but is it still suction hose? If not it could be collapsing, classic problem on older 6000's after they got some age on them. As stated above you could also be bypassing to much

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    I'm in need of a 50-100 gallon 3pt sprayer. If anyone has one let me know
    This is a little smaller than you're looking for and it might be a piece of junk for all I know, but if you're anywhere near a Rural King the price looks good.

https://www.ruralking.com/country-wa...SABEgKNePD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    You changed that suction hose to high pressure, but is it still suction hose? If not it could be collapsing, classic problem on older 6000's after they got some age on them. As stated above you could also be bypassing to much
    That’s why I changed the suction hose because it was collapsing. I’m going to look into the agitation issue in a minute.

Check pressure relief valve (pressure regulator). This is what you can use to adjust the pressure without changing rpm. If it is weak or the spring is stuck open then you won't be able to build adequate pressure. You should be able to build up more pressure than 60psi with nothing on. My sprayer will get up to 80-100 psi no problem if I have nothing on and the rpms up, I typically spray around 40 psi (with a boom sprayer). If its not the pressure relief valve then either the pump is too small, or simply has gone bad. You should be able to look up what size pump you need to run that sprayer system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    That’s why I changed the suction hose because it was collapsing. I’m going to look into the agitation issue in a minute.

Find some suction hos that has plastic ribs in it so it won't collapse

Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    Find some suction hos that has plastic ribs in it so it won't collapse
    That’s what I changed it too. I got it figured out