Thread: Bostick Framing Nailer No Worky

Default Bostick Framing Nailer No Worky

It stop shooting nails. It will shoot one nail after I take it apart and reassemble. Done this twice.

This all happened after shooting several of the wrong type nails.

Thoughts.

Have you replaced the O-rings? Does the drive pin have a burr on it? Have you oiled it or is it over oiled? Feed spring working freely?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Throw that pos in the trash and go get a hitachi/metabo nr83

I have not replaced the o-rings. That was my next step. No burrs that I noticed and yes I oiled it.

Feed spring? The spring that keeps the follower tight to the nails? Yes that is good. It’s a fairly new gun. Had it a couple years but only a handfull of nails thru it. It’s takes the 28 degree wire welded nails. Someone, maybe me or one of my guys, put the plastic bound nails in it. I shot probably 8-12 of those nails today. Realize I was getting low and that’s when it figured out I had the wrong nails on board. And that’s when it also stopped shooting.

If shouldn't have hurt it- probably has plastic remnant in it, clean it well, add a drop of hydraulic oil, and try again. You tube it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    If shouldn't have hurt it- probably has plastic remnant in it, clean it well, add a drop of hydraulic oil, and try again. You tube it.
    Yep.

Nail guns can be more complicated than welders.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Spray the external moving parts with lube and make sure you’re getting enough psi to reset the driver.

I had one quit feeding. After finding chunks of plastic inside, I google an exploded view diagram and realized it was missing a "return buffer". Basically, it's a bumper and takes the excess shock and helps the piston return to the ready position. Installed the new part and it worked like new. Mine wasn't very complicated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I went back out to the shop and mess with it again. Check PSI and oiled the crap out of it. I can get it to drive one nail. It seem the piston is not retracting. I can take a rod and push it all the way back up inside but it will not shoot again. Stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    I went back out to the shop and mess with it again. Check PSI and oiled the crap out of it. I can get it to drive one nail. It seem the piston is not retracting. I can take a rod and push it all the way back up inside but it will not shoot again. Stupid thing.
    Too much oil will cause one to not work. It only takes a couple of drops in the fitting to work.

Bostich is doo doo. I own one because it was given to me and I wanted to be nice. Try all the above
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid