Thread: Youth opener 2020 NC

Default Youth opener 2020 NC

I have been blessed to be able to spend time in the woods hunting last season and now this year with this young man.. I spent all season last year and was able to see him kill his first bird. Fast forward to this morning and we struck a bird at daylight and had him at 20 yards in 15 minutes only to have him spook before Sam could shoot. We let things settle and made a circle on the bird only to have him get run off by a neighbor on his 4 wheeler. After an hour we decided to go all the way to the back of the property. We sat tight til almost 12 when this ol boy decided to sound off. After 30 minutes of playing the game he made his fatal mistake coming to the ol Persimmon slate over glass call made by ccleroy. Typical 2 year old with 1" spurs 10" beard and weighed 20lbs. Sam made quick work of it with his new 20ga o/u I am so proud and blessed to be able to take this young man and his dad and teach them about being in the woods chasing these majestic birds. 20200404_123957.jpg20200404_123821.jpg20200404_125703.jpg

Congrats Joel!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Atta boy brother, got a face time call this am at 6:50am from my brother and my 7 yr old nephew got him one to
    67499E17-0457-42C5-81E9-054C1EBCBD5C.jpg
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 04-04-2020 at 08:26 PM.
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Congrats

Nice work

Very nice

My son needs a better guide!

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    My son needs a better guide!
    I'm not that good just get lucky that I have a few spots that have a couple of birds every year that seem to cooperate. The land we were on yesterday is owned by Sam's family and nobody hunts it but them and they are just learning how to turkey hunt.

Just learning how to turkey hunt.... Kiss that property good buy!!! I have lost permission to a few jam up tract by taking the landowners on hunts.

Nice work on the gobbler
    Last edited by fro; 04-05-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Excellent work!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Just learning how to turkey hunt.... Kiss that property good buy!!! I have lost permission to a few jam up tract by taking the landowners on hunts.

Nice work on the gobbler
    No worries about loosing the property to hunt I only go when they do I don't feel that its right to hunt it without them. Rick is a close friend of mine and we have hunted together for years but him and his son Sam only deer and rabbit hunted til Sam took interest in trying to turkey hunt last year. I feel like it's my job to at least try to teach both of them the things I have learned over the last 31 years about hunting them. He has told me numerous times that I could go hunt the property anytime I want but I'm not that kind of guy I enjoy it a whole lot more being able to go with them.