Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus lies - Citizen reporters

The Fed has made available another 4 Trillion. I don't think any us believe a politician couldn't find a very good use for that money.
    Ag, not making light of this. I am hearing more from small business friends about problems than the actual virus. Sadly, I believe if this country is going to exist as we know it, we are going to have to make a call one way or the other.

What is the number we call the virus beat down enough to go back to work? Technically, the curve being flattened isn't going to completely solve it. A spike in the fall...what then? At some point, there is going to have to be "a number". Somebody will have to make an unfavorable decision. The question will be whose best interest is in mind?

I will say Cuomo is a Trump hating douche and don't forget who his brother is and who his brother works for.
    He has an alternative motive to over exaggerate, with that said...….you are a complete idiot if you think this shit isn't
    spreading everywhere and fast and that it wont kill you.
    You are most likely also one of these folks that think things like this "only happen to other people you see on the nightly news".
    Imagine your son or daughter or wife begins coughing and has shortness of breath, you take their temp and its 99 and then later its 101.
    Then you change your fucking bravado redneck ignorant ass mindset when you take them to the hospital and they take them to a room without
    you and tell you to leave and quarantine yourself.
    You don't stay with them at the hospital, they don't come home with you, you don't visit them in their hospital room daily, you don't call them on the phone and speak.
    You may have just seen them for the very last time when you drove them to the ER because their lungs aren't working, with a ton of shit you didn't get to say to them cause you thought it'd be just like the other times someone got sick at your house...…….
    your world may have just flipped upside down.
    Now go pull your head outta your ass
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-03-2020 at 09:07 AM.

I don't call it bravado redneck. I call it legit questions that nobody wants to answer, but eventually they will have too.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 04-03-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Conversation will certainly be different in 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Young and healthy patients requiring high flow oxygen to keep there oxygen saturation at minimum acceptable levels. And then with this high flow oxygen still unable to stand and walk a few steps without becoming unstable. 50ish year olds needing to be on a ventilator. Chest CT’s with extreme amounts of pnuemonitis In both symptomatic patients and nearly asymptomatic patients. Things you don’t see normally with other common seasonal viruses
    Yep. My sister's a nurse in a mid-sized university town. She has a father (70's) and a son (50's) in the same ICU, both of 'em intubated. The son visited his dad, unknowingly bringing the virus into his pop's home. Very sad.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    My wife got furloughed today along with her mid-level colleagues in the ER for a minimum of 60 days due to ER visits being down 60% across the board......
    What hosp?

excuse the term but paper pusher or clinical?

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    If we do not start back by May 1. I think the cure will have been worse than the virus even then may be too late.

We cannot afford the debt we have now but another 2 trillion to spend our away into prosperity is not possible.

I would argue that we have already surpassed the point where the economic damage does not justify the action that was taken. I believe that this virus is real and may overwhelm the hospitals and cost hundred of thousands of lives. That's unfortunate. However, even if the number was several million dead, I don't think crushing our economy to flatten the curve to hopefully cut down on the death toll is the right decision from a cost/benefit analysis.
    Carolina Counsel

I may be wrong but if a couple of victims were immediate family members I think you would have a different view.

How long do you believe we should stall the economy? Which I don't think stall is the appropriate word anymore.

I may be wrong but if a couple of victims were immediate family members I think you would have a different view.

Listen, I think that alot of us will have family members fall victim to this. It is going to happen to a lot of people, and I hope and pray not to anyone in my family. But I do not think this is going to be stopped, it can only be slowed down. What is going to happen is going to happen. They could not stop AIDs and that is much harder to spread. But this is not sustainable.

One week after the apex in each region.

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    Listen, I think that alot of us will have family members fall victim to this. It is going to happen to a lot of people, and I hope and pray not to anyone in my family. But I do not think this is going to be stopped, it can only be slowed down. What is going to happen is going to happen. They could not stop AIDs and that is much harder to spread. But this is not sustainable.
    Listen, that is not new. Aids is not a comparison to Covid-19. Of course it can only slowed down that is the goal. Mitigate to avoid a healthcare crash. Projections are showing it possible. Then go back to the new normal. We are not cranking up until there is a peak and flattening. A crushed healthcare system will also crush the economy.

I can agree with that. We're a little ahead on most places. I know a fair amount of people who've had it, has it, been quarantined, a couple have been back into the store, and one great fella who passed. I'm not desensitized.

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Young and healthy patients requiring high flow oxygen to keep there oxygen saturation at minimum acceptable levels. And then with this high flow oxygen still unable to stand and walk a few steps without becoming unstable. 50ish year olds needing to be on a ventilator. Chest CT’s with extreme amounts of pnuemonitis In both symptomatic patients and nearly asymptomatic patients. Things you don’t see normally with other common seasonal viruses
    Appreciate the response, my cousin is Dr. and My aunt is a Trauma Nurse, I spoke with her the other morning as she was calling to check on all of us. Got a little run down and I like hearing first hand accounts, it helps put things in perspective. Hey LED, try not to be a dickhead to everybody........
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 04-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I can agree with that. We're a little ahead on most places. I know a fair amount of people who've had it, has it, been quarantined, a couple have been back into the store, and one great fella who passed. I'm not desensitized.
    Sadly, those that recovered are seldom reported. It is frustrating it is not the plague just a virus if we had 25% more capacity in hospitals it would not as much of an issue. Perfect storm. We will do better now but a helluva cost to learn.

ERs should be down. They always are ass deep in SC with every skinned knee.
    Folks are staying always from a hospital lobby as they should.
    Unless you got the fever and the cough and then they tell ya to go online
    and do the virtual symptom diagnostic thingy and don’t come til over 101
    A lot of heads up asses in the general public right now
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-03-2020 at 01:19 PM.

A lot of certain business are up over LY due to folks at home and boredom
    and lots at home are still getting paid.

I don't think I would, but maybe I'm not as pragmatic as I think I am.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    A lot of certain business are up over LY due to folks at home and boredom
    and lots at home are still getting paid.
    https://www.postandcourier.com/healt...b5aab2807.html