Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus lies - Citizen reporters

Default Coronavirus lies - Citizen reporters

must watch

Can anyone give any reasonable explanation as to why the very places that the news was reporting was overrun with patients or long lines for testing were completely empty the very same or the next day? Also the same footage being used to allegedly show a full room of in-use ventilators being used to represent New York when the same footage was used to represent Italy (link below)? And coincidentally the governor of New York's brother is with CNN.

What's a logical explanation? Altruistic white lies to scare people enough to stay at home? I agree the threat is real, I've been taking precautions since December. But why the obvious misrepresentation?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/cbs-ad...ort-about-nyc/

Last edited by everlast; 04-03-2020 at 06:16 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

It is shame those on the frontline of healthcare have to deal with people that cannot reason.

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/...5-05b6e5d3c725

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    It is shame those on the frontline of healthcare have to deal with people that cannot reason.

That article uses lots of words like "anticipated" and "potential".
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I think I saw you buy a genuine Rolex from a guy in the parking lot of a Pantry once.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I hope and pray we don't need the extra beds for Covid patients here in the South but my son is prepping a hospital in Mt P for the possibility of a surge of ICU COVID patients.

The reality will hit when those of us here in the South lose a family member or friend due to this nasty virus. It hit me yesterday when I lost a high school classmate who was an RN in Detroit. A strong, healthy woman who was fighting the fight on the job trying to keep folks alive died from the virus.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 04-02-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

My wife got furloughed today along with her mid-level colleagues in the ER for a minimum of 60 days due to ER visits being down 60% across the board......
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Here's a 3 hour live stream from NY Covid Tents

Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-02-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Yes, those words are better than “too late”, “overran” and “unprepared”.

I talked to one of my large hospital clients today. Things are very slow in the upstate given the lack of elective procedures and strict protocols for admission. That will change. Greenville expects a peak in 4-6 weeks (what I was told).
    Carolina Counsel

AUMC hired a bunch of travel nurses. They can’t get canceled. Nurses in Augusta are pissed they are getting canceled, let alone no overtime. CEO of AU has said no nurses can get OT.

Yeah just about every female on my moms side of the family is a nurse. Like 2 aunts, 4 cousins and a cousin in law. 2 cousins and cousin in law work at hospital in Charlotte. They ain't seen much of a change. The ol fumblerooskie
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My buddy that works the ER said he saw 1 patient from 6AM to 10AM today. People are freaked out about coming to the ER right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    My wife got furloughed today along with her mid-level colleagues in the ER for a minimum of 60 days due to ER visits being down 60% across the board......
    Our ER visits are down 75 percent. Half of that is because the nursing homes are not sending their patients for bogus complaints. Wait till Medicare figures this out.

Lots of ER medicine is not an emergency. If it was we wouldn’t see 20 percent of what comes in the door. It’s a necessary evil. Our decrease in volume could be the calm before the storm. However, I have seen some scary things from this virus already in my hospital.
    Last edited by ScLowCountry; 04-02-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Most of us probably already had it anyways. Def worth the economy to make sure we don't get it again though

Quote Originally Posted by Pass shot View Post
    Most of us probably already had it anyways. Def worth the economy to make sure we don't get it again though
    You base this theory on what?

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Our ER visits are down 75 percent. Half of that is because the nursing homes are not sending their patients for bogus complaints. Wait till Medicare figures this out.

Lots of ER medicine is not an emergency. If it was we wouldn’t see 20 percent of what comes in the door. It’s a necessary evil. Our decrease in volume could be the calm before the storm. However, I have seen some scary things from this virus already in my hospital.
    Spot on. The fear no has people using the ER as emergencies only no longer taxpayer minute clinic for the non-producers.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I picked up on that too, but this crap is real and hasn't peaked yet.
    It personally affected my immediate family yesterday. That is when it will hit
    these other "conspiracy" and "government just wants to control us" idiots in the gut.