Thread: Sad to report.....

Default Sad to report.....

Mount Pleasant's Willie McRae has passed. Great loss to me personally. One of the nicest, kindest person I knew. The epitome of a Southern Gentleman.

McRae owned Boone Hall Plantation . Awarded the Order of the Palmetto in January , 2020. I'm going to miss him.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 04-02-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Wow hate to hear it, terrible news. Thankfully his place was put under an easement a few months ago.

He was a damn good man. During his heyday, he was the most eligible Bachelor in the LowCountry. Never married. Broke a lot of hearts. Loved to fish saltwater, and was a fine wing shot. I will miss him greatly.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Wow hate to hear it, terrible news. Thankfully his place was put under an easement a few months ago.
    Looking at the surrounding area, that was seven million conservation dollars well spent...

Damn. I met him one time and he had a lasting impression on me. Probably 20 or so years ago. On his old boat the SouthRun. Probably one of my most memorable days on the ocean. We were damn near between the ammo dump and bermuda when the Ali-L hooked into what would have been SC’s first grander. There were only 3 boats in radio distance, not the shitshow you see these days. The captain came on the radio and said we are killing this one and need flying gaffs. Willie loaded up and went for a boatside delivery. The charleston pilot boat was relaying messages back to land well into the night. He looked at me and said son, there’s 2 things in this world that excite me, a woman who likes a tomato sandwich and a big blue marlin. I am happy to know his legacy will live on with the land he worked so hard on and not a drop of concrete will touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTom View Post
    Damn. I met him one time and he had a lasting impression on me. Probably 20 or so years ago. On his old boat the SouthRun. Probably one of my most memorable days on the ocean. We were damn near between the ammo dump and bermuda when the Ali-L hooked into what would have been SC’s first grander. There were only 3 boats in radio distance, not the shitshow you see these days. The captain came on the radio and said we are killing this one and need flying gaffs. Willie loaded up and went for a boatside delivery. The charleston pilot boat was relaying messages back to land well into the night. He looked at me and said son, there’s 2 things in this world that excite me, a woman who likes a tomato sandwich and a big blue marlin. I am happy to know his legacy will live on with the land he worked so hard on and not a drop of concrete will touch it.
    Passed that story along to a friend of his. That's a goodern.

Thank you for that BT. I will remember him fondly.

Truly one of a kind. Great loss to all his many friends and his wonderful family. Going to be tough to drive up the Avenue of Oaks and not see him waiting to greet us. He taught me some fine things of great value.. He loved life and was damn sure a Lady's man. He didn't leave anything on the table that is for sure.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.