Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Step

This shit is in the air. That's why NY has so many with it. You get it & breathe, it is passed on. Stacked on top of each other in high rises is a virus playground. You've got COVID19 coming through the vents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    This shit is in the air. That's why NY has so many with it. You get it & breathe, it is passed on. Stacked on top of each other in high rises is a virus playground. You've got COVID19 coming through the vents.
    Yep. And public transit. If you have ever traveled through NYC it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    New York will be at 14 days on lock down and they just posted almost 9k new cases this morning. It doesn't appear to be slowing. I don't know what the answer is but Government making declarations isn't helping. I don't know what the answer is nor does any politician. Keeping people away from each other is proving to be much more difficult than any politician thinks.

I really think everyone needs to be wearing masks in addition to staying put. It's the one thing that hasn't been tried and there are other countries that have gone this route that seems to be helping.

I'm still perplexed that counties like Mexico and Canada don't have nearly the rate of infection close to what the US is experiencing.
    Mexico is under reporting ---- Canada does not have the population density. No way Mexico only has 1400 cases and Mexico City with 300 or so.

Lejeune is still open but posted the Governor's warning and says they will
    close if folks continue to gather.

In the greater Mexico City zone the last estimate I saw was over 21,000,000 people. When Covid19 hits there full on, expect a disaster. Their medical infrastructure is weak.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I’ve got a good idea. I have to wade through these dottering old Yankees to get shit I need for a job we’re doing.
    Then I go to Grainger and have to pull up in numbered parking spot an wait for my order to be brought to my truck. The whole mess is so disorganized I don’t think we’re accomplishing shit. Without a 24 hour news cycle and Social Media I doubt we’d know it ever happened unless you were in a metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Without a 24 hour news cycle and Social Media I doubt we’d know it ever happened unless you were in a metro area.
    I agree.

All levels of government here have been on about "social distancing" frequent hand washing etc for about a month now.There was a lot of self isolating and mandatory quarantine started about there too. Schools got shut and lotsa shit shut down. Grocery stores disinfect every night, spray the carts with disinfectant after each use etc. Lotsa little shit like that going on. Roads are near empty around here and people is listening to the message "stay home except for essential travel". These steps aren't for elimination but to stretch out the timeline of infection it seems , you know flatten the curve. Still going to get "100" people needing hospitalization for this thing but not all on the same day.Word is a top Doc. from a large Toronto Area Hospital says they are planning on this shit into September / October. Seems like pockets of infection pop up in the most rural of areas! All I know is keep your hands washed don't swap spit with you neighbor,avoid picnics with 100 of your closest friends and watch where you walk. Seems like if we all use common sense we can get a handle on it. Another way is everyone get it at once ,wack a few million and the rest get back to livin the dream.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

If the places that have had strict lock downs don't see a sharp decline in new cases in the next week, then we know everything we've been doing has been a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    New York will be at 14 days on lock down and they just posted almost 9k new cases this morning. It doesn't appear to be slowing. I don't know what the answer is but Government making declarations isn't helping. I don't know what the answer is nor does any politician. Keeping people away from each other is proving to be much more difficult than any politician thinks.

I really think everyone needs to be wearing masks in addition to staying put. It's the one thing that hasn't been tried and there are other countries that have gone this route that seems to be helping.

I'm still perplexed that counties like Mexico and Canada don't have nearly the rate of infection close to what the US is experiencing.
    It has moreso to do with the accuracy and diligence of the reporting than the actual spread of the virus