Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Step

Default Next Step

All the media says the next step is for McMaster to issue a stay at home order. If we are only allowed to come out for essentials- grocery store, hardware store, work, and outside for exercise, what does that do for turkey hunting and fishing? And what about the curfew? How do you leave for the woods at 3 am if the curfew goes through 6am?

Florida Gov just issued a stay at home order. He made exceptions for hunting, fishing, and other "recreational activities that allow for social distancing"..... not really much of a real stay at home order honestly. McMaster will probably do the same
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Too late to back the horse now... ride this mfer and see what all he can do to control us.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    All the media says the next step is for McMaster to issue a stay at home order. If we are only allowed to come out for essentials- grocery store, hardware store, work, and outside for exercise, what does that do for turkey hunting and fishing? And what about the curfew? How do you leave for the woods at 3 am if the curfew goes through 6am?
    If stopped- tell them you are going to work- turkey hunting is work

Feel good measures to give the illusion of doing something. There are so many exceptions...
    Meanwhile the old folks are still cruising the aisles at Lowe’s and Home Depot. The Lowe’s in Oak Island NC is busier than normal. Peepaw and Meemaw ain’t scared and are planting the shit out of the flowers.

Over here across the Savannah river, we are locked down effective Midnight tonight.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

New York is the poster child for state wide lock down. And they are approaching 100k cases of the virus. Obviously not working very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    New York is the poster child for state wide lock down. And they are approaching 100k cases of the virus. Obviously not working very well.
    That’s not how it works... virus has up to 14 days (average is around 5 days) for patient to become symptomatic. Most people aren’t seeking medical attention until the several days to a week after symptoms start. Majority of deaths occur in the second week of illness. Add all that up and there are substantial delays in the effect of any social distancing measures. New York is also the exception and not the rule with regard to population and number of cases...
    Formerly DM88

Same thing would happen is all the restrictions were dropped. Initially it would seem that all is well for a week or two, then things would explode...
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Do you realize where it could be and grow to with no measures taken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm dummer than a box o' rocks, but has he not essentially already issued a "stay at home" without using those exact terms. He's closed all non essential businesses already. What is accomplished by using the wording "stay at home" when you can still go to any "essential" business that is open? Someone enlighten me. I haven't watched the news in couple weeks now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Do you realize where it could be and grow to with no measures taken?

No BT, if the casualties can stay modest, once this thing is thru they are going to be shouting ‘SEE told y’all it wasn’t going to be a big deal!’ All the while not acknowledging any of the social distancing steps to mitigate the losses.
    Formerly DM88

Y’all never disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Feel good measures to give the illusion of doing something. There are so many exceptions...
    Meanwhile the old folks are still cruising the aisles at Lowe’s and Home Depot. The Lowe’s in Oak Island NC is busier than normal. Peepaw and Meemaw ain’t scared and are planting the shit out of the flowers.
    Dude you have no idea, we locked the door and put up a sign yesterday asking people to call in their orders because old folks were just coming in and hanging out, shootin the shit. They give not one single damn about this whole thing. Had one old dude banging on the door this morning, pissed off because we wouldn't let him in......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    No BT, if the casualties can stay modest, once this thing is thru they are going to be shouting ‘SEE told y’all it wasn’t going to be a big deal!’ All the while not acknowledging any of the social distancing steps to mitigate the losses.
    Exactly

It’s coming to SC too.

Maybe they will open up the ramps before that?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    It’s coming to SC too.

Maybe they will open up the ramps before that?

Do y’all a ramp on base down there?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Do y’all a ramp on base down there?
    Yep. But they closed them...

New York will be at 14 days on lock down and they just posted almost 9k new cases this morning. It doesn't appear to be slowing. I don't know what the answer is but Government making declarations isn't helping. I don't know what the answer is nor does any politician. Keeping people away from each other is proving to be much more difficult than any politician thinks.

I really think everyone needs to be wearing masks in addition to staying put. It's the one thing that hasn't been tried and there are other countries that have gone this route that seems to be helping.

I'm still perplexed that counties like Mexico and Canada don't have nearly the rate of infection close to what the US is experiencing.
    Last edited by Gander; 04-02-2020 at 11:12 AM.