Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ... like a boulder rolling downhill

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    It won’t happen, but they could do like the old blue law Sundays, and have sections of the store shut off and not open for business
    What part of Lowe's and Home Depot will be corded off? I think you are referring to Walmart when only the food section was open before 1:00 on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    What part of Lowe's and Home Depot will be corded off? I think you are referring to Walmart when only the food section was open before 1:00 on Sunday.
    they could start with the flower section

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Guess ill be pooping in woods til this is over
    Take a thermacell. They are vicious.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    That probably wasn’t the best description To convey my thought

My point is just that if they are really trying to limit social interaction I wouldn’t be surprised for them to start trying to limit the types of products stores sell during this time.

Example: People go to Lowe’s to browse the lawn and garden section and look at flowers for the yard, they are not going to browse the rolls of wire and 2 x 4s.

I wouldn’t agree with it or support it at all but stopping the sale of nonessential items would cut down on nonessential trip to the store for a lot of people and would Reduce the number of people in the stores spreading the virus

Again, I’m not in support of that idea but it wouldn’t surprise me to see something similiar proposed by our great and fearless leaders ( insert sarcasm)

Sooo the important question has yet to be answered. When the titty bars going to be open again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    Sooo the important question has yet to be answered. When the titty bars going to be open again?
    not for awhile apparently

New York has become the epicenter for the pandemic and they have had these same strict rules in place for 3 weeks now, yet are running the highest infection rates in the country by far. I'm lost on what else we can do at this point. I don't know what the answer is here, just trying to point out the obvious reality of the situation.

China proved the only way to stop the spread was to stop the human contact. I don't trust what Chinese media puts out, but I speak to our Chinese division's GM every week and I trust her reports. Our plant is in a very densely populated area and not a single employee became sick. They shut the place down for 3 weeks and then were back to work 90%. Up to 98% after an additional week.

NY's problem is people are piled on top of each other and they were spreading for weeks before the testing began to identify it. We are not piled in like NY city in that 1/2 of our population lives in single family homes (someone fact check me b/c I pulled that out of my ass) and doesn't have to touch the same doors or breathe the same air. But I went out for a few min today at 1pm and it looked like a Saturday afternoon on Woodruff Rd. Limit the places people can go and let this thing pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    China proved the only way to stop the spread was to stop the human contact. I don't trust what Chinese media puts out, but I speak to our Chinese division's GM every week and I trust her reports. Our plant is in a very densely populated area and not a single employee became sick. They shut the place down for 3 weeks and then were back to work 90%. Up to 98% after an additional week.

NY's problem is people are piled on top of each other and they were spreading for weeks before the testing began to identify it. We are not piled in like NY city in that 1/2 of our population lives in single family homes (someone fact check me b/c I pulled that out of my ass) and doesn't have to touch the same doors or breathe the same air. But I went out for a few min today at 1pm and it looked like a Saturday afternoon on Woodruff Rd. Limit the places people can go and let this thing pass.
    Yeah I've heard the same from a vendor in China. He said they locked it down completely. Can't really do that in a non-communist country.

Lowes had their checkout clerks behind plexi glass shields when I went a few days ago.

Food Lion in Newberry too
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

South Korea is doing better than anybody else. They are all wearing masks. Doctors are now saying that they were originally wrong about wearing masks.. Doing so would greatly reduced the spread.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Heard 100k- 200k deaths best case. How the hell do we get from 3k to 100k when this thing is supposed to peak in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    and when is my new trolling motor check arriving?
    Titties and trolling motors are nice things

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Heard 100k- 200k deaths best case. How the hell do we get from 3k to 100k when this thing is supposed to peak in the next week or so.
    Refrigeration trucks. Already a thing in NY.

“It’s just a cold bo.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20,000,000 folks get it.
    That's 6% of our population
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I am glad you people did not go into public health, the fallacies on just this single thread...
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 03-31-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    South Korea is doing better than anybody else. They are all wearing masks. Doctors are now saying that they were originally wrong about wearing masks.. Doing so would greatly reduced the spread.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Grasping a little late ain't they
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

HD in Murrells only lets a certain number in at a time. Too bad everyone seems to crowd certain aisles and get right up on others in line. Lady at the contractor desk told me I had to go up front to pay. I told her nope, you’re checking me out, I spend $X here a year. She checked me out and I avoided that mess.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    HD in Murrells only lets a certain number in at a time. Too bad everyone seems to crowd certain aisles and get right up on others in line. Lady at the contractor desk told me I had to go up front to pay. I told her nope, you’re checking me out, I spend $X here a year. She checked me out and I avoided that mess.
    I deal with their Pro Desk almost daily and did the same thing
    They have the line letting so many in as so many come out around here too.
    Folks in line defeat the whole purpose but now I hear some will have tape on the ground so many feet apart for standing in line