Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: ... like a boulder rolling downhill

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    It won’t happen, but they could do like the old blue law Sundays, and have sections of the store shut off and not open for business
    What part of Lowe's and Home Depot will be corded off? I think you are referring to Walmart when only the food section was open before 1:00 on Sunday.
    There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    What part of Lowe's and Home Depot will be corded off? I think you are referring to Walmart when only the food section was open before 1:00 on Sunday.
    they could start with the flower section

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Guess ill be pooping in woods til this is over
    Take a thermacell. They are vicious.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    GreenHood
    Posts
    10,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    What part of Lowe's and Home Depot will be corded off? I think you are referring to Walmart when only the food section was open before 1:00 on Sunday.
    That probably wasn’t the best description To convey my thought

    My point is just that if they are really trying to limit social interaction I wouldn’t be surprised for them to start trying to limit the types of products stores sell during this time.

    Example: People go to Lowe’s to browse the lawn and garden section and look at flowers for the yard, they are not going to browse the rolls of wire and 2 x 4s.

    I wouldn’t agree with it or support it at all but stopping the sale of nonessential items would cut down on nonessential trip to the store for a lot of people and would Reduce the number of people in the stores spreading the virus

    Again, I’m not in support of that idea but it wouldn’t surprise me to see something similiar proposed by our great and fearless leaders ( insert sarcasm)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Sooo the important question has yet to be answered. When the titty bars going to be open again?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blythewood
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    Sooo the important question has yet to be answered. When the titty bars going to be open again?
    not for awhile apparently

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    New York has become the epicenter for the pandemic and they have had these same strict rules in place for 3 weeks now, yet are running the highest infection rates in the country by far. I'm lost on what else we can do at this point. I don't know what the answer is here, just trying to point out the obvious reality of the situation.
    There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gville
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    China proved the only way to stop the spread was to stop the human contact. I don't trust what Chinese media puts out, but I speak to our Chinese division's GM every week and I trust her reports. Our plant is in a very densely populated area and not a single employee became sick. They shut the place down for 3 weeks and then were back to work 90%. Up to 98% after an additional week.

    NY's problem is people are piled on top of each other and they were spreading for weeks before the testing began to identify it. We are not piled in like NY city in that 1/2 of our population lives in single family homes (someone fact check me b/c I pulled that out of my ass) and doesn't have to touch the same doors or breathe the same air. But I went out for a few min today at 1pm and it looked like a Saturday afternoon on Woodruff Rd. Limit the places people can go and let this thing pass.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    China proved the only way to stop the spread was to stop the human contact. I don't trust what Chinese media puts out, but I speak to our Chinese division's GM every week and I trust her reports. Our plant is in a very densely populated area and not a single employee became sick. They shut the place down for 3 weeks and then were back to work 90%. Up to 98% after an additional week.

    NY's problem is people are piled on top of each other and they were spreading for weeks before the testing began to identify it. We are not piled in like NY city in that 1/2 of our population lives in single family homes (someone fact check me b/c I pulled that out of my ass) and doesn't have to touch the same doors or breathe the same air. But I went out for a few min today at 1pm and it looked like a Saturday afternoon on Woodruff Rd. Limit the places people can go and let this thing pass.
    Yeah I've heard the same from a vendor in China. He said they locked it down completely. Can't really do that in a non-communist country.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    York Co
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    Lowes had their checkout clerks behind plexi glass shields when I went a few days ago.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    FROG LEVEL
    Posts
    18,945

    Default

    Food Lion in Newberry too
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    18,405

    Default

    South Korea is doing better than anybody else. They are all wearing masks. Doctors are now saying that they were originally wrong about wearing masks.. Doing so would greatly reduced the spread.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Columbia / Fuquay NC
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    Heard 100k- 200k deaths best case. How the hell do we get from 3k to 100k when this thing is supposed to peak in the next week or so.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    Sooo the important question has yet to be answered. When the titty bars going to be open again?
    and when is my new trolling motor check arriving?
    Titties and trolling motors are nice things
    "Dabo cusses, No one is denying that"...…….Tigerbdog

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Crystal Coast
    Posts
    13,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Heard 100k- 200k deaths best case. How the hell do we get from 3k to 100k when this thing is supposed to peak in the next week or so.
    Refrigeration trucks. Already a thing in NY.

    “It’s just a cold bo.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,181

    Default

    20,000,000 folks get it.
    That's 6% of our population
    "They are who we thought they were"

    You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning / Edisto Beach
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I am glad you people did not go into public health, the fallacies on just this single thread...
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 03-31-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

    “We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    FROG LEVEL
    Posts
    18,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    South Korea is doing better than anybody else. They are all wearing masks. Doctors are now saying that they were originally wrong about wearing masks.. Doing so would greatly reduced the spread.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Grasping a little late ain't they
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pawleys Island
    Posts
    31,752

    Default

    HD in Murrells only lets a certain number in at a time. Too bad everyone seems to crowd certain aisles and get right up on others in line. Lady at the contractor desk told me I had to go up front to pay. I told her nope, you’re checking me out, I spend $X here a year. She checked me out and I avoided that mess.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.


    You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    HD in Murrells only lets a certain number in at a time. Too bad everyone seems to crowd certain aisles and get right up on others in line. Lady at the contractor desk told me I had to go up front to pay. I told her nope, you’re checking me out, I spend $X here a year. She checked me out and I avoided that mess.
    I deal with their Pro Desk almost daily and did the same thing
    They have the line letting so many in as so many come out around here too.
    Folks in line defeat the whole purpose but now I hear some will have tape on the ground so many feet apart for standing in line
    "Dabo cusses, No one is denying that"...…….Tigerbdog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •