Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All public boat ramps closed

DNR should have did there jobs and ticketed people for gathering, would have helped. I live on the lake but i like to trailer and go to other parts of the lake.

I am going to continue to go about my personal business without interference from the gubment....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I believe he's doing all he can not to issue a statewide stay at home. Look at Virginia, just look at that crazy shit. Look at the pleas every where for us to be treated like children.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    This would not have happened had all you stupid motherfukers (you as in had you been one of them) hadn't gathered for parties on beaches, islands, and sandbars the past couple of weeks! Those of you that did I hope you get kicked in the balls or the box by someone who just wanted to relax on the water
    What you worried about? Last time I checked, your boat is sitting at bluffton's ONLY private landing.... Will make you a deal, unlimited boat landing and boat storage for turkey rights...
    Better let me know you're coming so I can send the boys out to unlock the gate and call off the dogs. I am looking forward to way less googans on the water. The past few weeks has been crazy for March.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Come on down to lighthouse pt
    I suspect you are about to gain some friends...
    Last edited by fro; 03-31-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post

Haha, that's what I'm waiting for.. a couple mentions yesterday about the river ramp and lake house. I'm going by "what have you done for me lately" or "the point of private is not having to see public people"

Same people shut down the Poker Run.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Come on down to lighthouse pt
    hey, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    This would not have happened had all you stupid motherfukers (you as in had you been one of them) hadn't gathered for parties on beaches, islands, and sandbars the past couple of weeks!
    Those of you that did I hope you get kicked in the balls or the box by someone who just wanted to relax on the water
    >

Only one person to blame for this mess. His name is Henry McMasters!!! You sheep keep pointing your fingers at each other while the Shepherd sits back and laugh's!!! Over 400000 men died in WW2 to protect our freedom. We must stand together to protect our way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am going to continue to go about my personal business without interference from the gubment....
    Well, except for working.

Didnt the "gubment" and the dentite association close you down? I got and email from my dentite that he was closed to all but emergencies until further notice.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Dad has got 3 calls in the last 10 minutes about people wanting to use our ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    It should be nice on the water this weekend.
    I fully intend to investigate this for myself...

It will be a welcomed variant from these past two weekends..

What you worried about? Last time I checked, your boat is sitting at bluffton's ONLY private landing.... Will make you a deal, unlimited boat landing and boat storage for turkey rights...
    Better let me know you're coming so I can send the boys out to unlock the gate and call off the dogs. I am looking forward to way less googans on the water. The past few weeks has been crazy for March.

Haha I’ll be down your way this weekend. Going after wahoo and there are soft shell crabs down there waiting on me. I’ll give you a shout.

nope. I am at the office treating emergencies every day. My civic duty to keep people out of the ERs....

Some dentists are spending their time filling out forms for a $10,000 loan from the same gubment. I cant even understand the form, much less what its for.

IMO, the "recommendation" is fairly broad. The challenge is that many patients who would normally consider their situation an "emergency" have decided its not so important. Other patients are very willing to come in for treatment. I expect to be busy most mornings for the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I just spoke to the operator at the dry stack and he said they are still operating as usual but if the governor declares a stay at home order then that will probably change. Don’t that as fact but that’s what I was told.
    Where you putting the Mako?

I think we just figured out where the breaking point is.

Stay home, don't work, and don't congregate in a park........but take away a public boat ramp and its war.

I am curious how this is gonna work come memorial day and the real weather kicks off.

I did notice it has cut down dramatically on boat traffic. Past few days by 6:30 boats have been humming by coming out the channel markers going to and from Goat island.

I finally heard a boat about 8.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Dad has got 3 calls in the last 10 minutes about people wanting to use our ramp.

I'm gonna put the lock back on mine. I fully expect to find some dumb ass using mine when I'm making material runs.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Where you putting the Mako?
    I don’t have a mako. I think you have me mistaken for someone else. Our boat is south of Charleston sitting in a big metal building.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Haha I’ll be down your way this weekend. Going after wahoo and there are soft shell crabs down there waiting on me. I’ll give you a shout.
    Roger - might could use a dozen soft shells or even a wahoo steak....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Roger - might could use a dozen soft shells or even a wahoo steak....
    hey buddy

Soft shell crab consumption has taken a hard hit. Restaurants aren't procuring.