Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: All public boat ramps closed

That’s an average Wednesday morning just In the ER death wise. At least in most hospitals around here when corona virus wasn’t an issue! Let’s scare tactic this whole thing to death......Stupid as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Ever since Trump was elected President, nothing in this country, or this world surprises me. Just like the link says a trailer full of bodies, is quite the opposite. I’m not making light of anyone who has died from this virus, but for all we know there is nothing in those body bags but Halloween skeletons and fluff.

My wife works in the medical field, and ever since October she has been hearing of folks going to the doctor with “flu like” symptoms, flu test is negative, and they’re sent home and told to treat it like the flu. Our boys pediatrician said the same, get your flu shots early, because the flu was off to a rampant start. This virus was already here months ago, and it was lying in wait, spreading from person to person, flying under the radar because of how similar the symptoms are to the flu. It’s been doing it’s thing and only coming to light when the world wanted us to know who it was. Let the media fan the flames of fear and panic now that we know what we’re dealing with.

Whether it mutated naturally to spread from animal to human or was mutated in a lab, it is here. How we lived prior to this virus, will now change, much like life changed for us prior to 9/11, and post 9/11.

It would help if you looked at the entire link. It killed 1037 people yesterday alone. The pics at the bottom specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Ever since Trump was elected President, nothing in this country, or this world surprises me. Just like the link says a trailer full of bodies, is quite the opposite. I’m not making light of anyone who has died from this virus, but for all we know there is nothing in those body bags but Halloween skeletons and fluff.

My wife works in the medical field, and ever since October she has been hearing of folks going to the doctor with “flu like” symptoms, flu test is negative, and they’re sent home and told to treat it like the flu. Our boys pediatrician said the same, get your flu shots early, because the flu was off to a rampant start. This virus was already here months ago, and it was lying in wait, spreading from person to person, flying under the radar because of how similar the symptoms are to the flu. It’s been doing it’s thing and only coming to light when the world wanted us to know who it was. Let the media fan the flames of fear and panic now that we know what we’re dealing with.

Whether it mutated naturally to spread from animal to human or was mutated in a lab, it is here. How we lived prior to this virus, will now change, much like life changed for us prior to 9/11, and post 9/11.
    This virus outbreak has not acted like the common flu. It spikes in a couple months because it is more contagious and tapers off. Hitting elderly much harder than the flu.

Seems as if the virus was here in October it would acted the same and physicians would noticed.

Imo, more wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I'll agree I read the lake closing email in haste, but I haven't missed anything else. I've said all day that private ramps are open to access.
    The "lakes" they are referring to are mostly ponds that the State owns. Most of which are in the upstate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    It would help if you looked at the entire link. It killed 1037 people yesterday alone. The pics at the bottom specifically.

Not to make light of folks who this virus have killed, but I did read the whole article and scroll down to the blurry cell phone pictures. I could put my Halloween skeletons to task, use these black trash bags to recreate a similar scene, and call it the same.
    8A73735A-A09A-4F2C-AFD9-0F39184066C7.jpg

Media will lie and deceive, we all know that. Again, Im not making light of those who have died from it.

There is a clearer video of that seen. I have watched it. Its real. PM me and I will text it. I dont have a link

https://twitter.com/averygwilks/stat...830466561?s=21

Rural Clarendon County is suddenly a SC coronavirus hotspot. Nobody knows why.
    By Avery G. Wilks awilks@postandcourier.comApr 2, 2020 Updated 1 hr ago

CLARENDON — It was nearly supper time in Turbeville, but the owner of Chat N’ Chew on Main Street was leaning back in a patio chair outside the empty restaurant, reading a paperback book.

Occasionally, one of the town’s 800 residents would stop by to pick up dinner from a takeout window. But not often.

Bernard Blackman, the restaurant’s owner for the past 12 years, is losing money to keep the restaurant open during a coronavirus outbreak that has led other businesses to reduce hours or close. But the 69 year old doesn’t want to lay off his staffers.

“Good employees are hard to find,” he says.

Blackman’s conundrum is becoming more common across Clarendon County as residents begin to take the coronavirus’ rapid spread seriously.

The rural county, situated about 60 miles southeast of Columbia, has unexpectedly become a hotbed of coronavirus cases.

About one in every 1,200 residents has contracted the infectious disease, and one has died. Only Kershaw County has a higher rate of known transmission, one in 565.

Twenty-one of the county’s 28 cases have been announced over the past four days.

No one knows why. Local theories point the finger at funeral gatherings, churches that continue to meet, kids playing basketball at local parks and out-of-state Interstate 95 travelers stopping at Clarendon County exits for gas or fast food.

But local officials said they can’t pinpoint a reason because state public health officials haven’t told them where cases are. They can’t tell if the virus, which causes respiratory issues, is clustered in specific neighborhoods or spread across a sparsely populated county that covers more than 600 square miles.

All the while, they have been shocked at the virus’ rapid spread in a county peppered by tiny towns that are connected by two-lane roads and telephone lines. County officials expected the number of cases to hit double digits at some point. They did not expect 28 cases by April 1.

“When you look at the number of cases we’ve got, obviously something is going on somewhere,” Clarendon County Administrator David Epperson told the Post and Courier. “But that’s what’s frustrating for us. We can’t narrow it down.”

Local leaders say most residents are listening to weeks-old advice to stay home and wash their hands frequently. But it has been frustrating for them to see other residents ignore that guidance as cases spike.

A local go-kart track held an event two weekends ago, and a couple hundred people gathered to watch races at the Clarendon County Drag Strip last Saturday, Clarendon County Sheriff Timothy Baxley said.

Baxley said his office discouraged both events but didn’t have the legal authority at the time to prevent them from happening. Deputies did disperse the go-kart event after a fight was reported there, he said.

“People wanted to get out of the house,” Baxley said.

Stir-crazy residents went boating on Lake Marion over the weekend, part of a statewide flunking of social distancing directives that led Gov. Henry McMaster to close public beaches accesses and boat ramps.

Some locals, especially teenagers and young adults, think the coronavirus threat “has been exaggerated,” even as the state nears 1,300 known cases, Manning Mayor Julia Nelson said.

“They think they are immune” to a sickness that has killed 26 South Carolinians, she said. “Some people are taking this as a vacation. I just know that’s going to have bad consequences.”

But as cases have soared and public officials have issued stronger directives against gathering in groups, life has started to slow down this week in towns like Manning, Summerton, Paxville and Turbeville.

Shoddy reporting. Life is still rolling along here, for good or bad.

Bank fishing huh?

Question. Why do people in a boat fish towards the bank & the people on the bank fish towards the middle?

Why do people park on a driveway, but drive on a parkway?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Bank fishing huh?

Question. Why do people in a boat fish towards the bank & the people on the bank fish towards the middle?
    When you are in a boat throwing to the bank,...…...90% of the fish are behind you. When you are on the bank, 100% are in front of you....….(not counting the ones in the 5 gallon bucket).
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-02-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Gotta cater to the 50 cent cane pole folk. Empty blue worm containers ought to cover every bank in the next week or so.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

https://www.lsonews.com/fishing-hunt...Ao3Oa_YSkDHPV0

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-02-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Washing state cancelled with Youth Turkey Season and some bear hunts.

Kansas is requiring NR hunters from certain states to quarantine in 14 days before hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Stop being so scared. Think and find the right battle. This is not the one.

Well said.

6.6 million unemployed. How is that battle? How many more will it be?
    What is a justifiable number to ruin a country’s economy over?

Washington State also closed fishing.
    Granted most of the fishing they are trying to limit is bank/wade fishing but it sucks for everyone who also enjoys boat fishing.