Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny’s Island- Lake Wateree

Default Johnny’s Island- Lake Wateree

Saw stuff in the other post about social distancing on the lakes. Not at Johnny’s Island yesterday. At least 75 people and 15ish boats. If you were there, shame on you. People stacked along the entire side of the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bah! Humbug!

People are tired of this. We are Americans all they have a stomach for is a 2 week vacation and then its back to normal.

Give preferential treatment to health care workers and facilities. Make sure they have all the supplies they need, keep the kids at home, and go back to work.

We are all gonna die from starvation via a depression faster than we will the virus.

We have flattened the curve. Now lets go.

Yes, we will have more cases, because A) China lied the whole time, B) We are testing far more than any other country. (This will make us have more cases, by default)
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I said to start off with that it was gonna be hard to keep this fear campaign up. You can scare people temporarily, but then after a while when they don't see the bodies piling up they catch on to the bullshit and get back to their lives.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I spent every weekend growing up with my cousin at his parents lake house. I say that because I've practically grew up out there and know every inch of the lake. I have never heard of Johnny Island....there is the sandbar in cedar creek that looks similar and is a hangout.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 03-29-2020 at 08:12 AM.

I say party on. The Bill of Rights was still in effect last time I checked, and while the overwhelming majority of Americans have seen fit during this time to cast it away for some extra safety, it doesn’t change what is written. While I think it is wise to practice social distancing, I’m not going to tell other people they have to, because that’s their RIGHT. If I don’t want to get Corona, then I should take steps to make sure I don’t get it. If Im worried I may catch it at a restaurant, then I should eat at home, not tell the restaurant they have to close. If a business wants to stay open, logging operations for example (a job in which being more than 6 feet from someone is the norm), or specialty retail stores, or other places considered “non-essential”, they should be able to. I don’t have to go in them. Issuing fines for people breaking curfew and shelter-in-place orders? Really? Shutting down state parks (yes, they’re public and not private, but still). A lot of people in this country not deserving freedom right now.
    Last edited by wskinner; 03-29-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Wonder how many would mourn at their grandparents funeral?

I see enjoying the lake but not a redneck huddle.

I wouldn’t wanna be on most of those islands on a normal summer day. Breathing second hand Marlboro and swimming in other people’s piss.

I’ll find a nice secluded cove and anchor up.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    People are tired of this. We are Americans all they have a stomach for is a 2 week vacation and then its back to normal.

Give preferential treatment to health care workers and facilities. Make sure they have all the supplies they need, keep the kids at home, and go back to work.

We are all gonna die from starvation via a depression faster than we will the virus.

We have flattened the curve. Now lets go.

Yes, we will have more cases, because A) China lied the whole time, B) We are testing far more than any other country. (This will make us have more cases, by default)
    Then why is Trump not relaxing the guidelines? Please don’t blame the media because they never stopped him before.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Probably more STDs spread there than the virus.

I personally am a fan of the trend in women bathing suits.... ass out
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

I heard the same about pontoons on Murray yesterday.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    I personally am a fan of the trend in women bathing suits.... ass out
    Of the women we can see in that pic, most of them should be wearing burlap sacks. Damn...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Yeah, I’d have no problem distancing from that crowd.

Dirt necks.

Most of the LEOs were on the river yesterday checking sand bars.. Our ramp looked like a staging area

Default Johnny’s Island- Lake Wateree

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Then why is Trump not relaxing the guidelines? Please don’t blame the media because they never stopped him before.
    I know your question is rhetorical but the curve has not flatten.

The conspiracist are claiming victory in the 2nd inning of a double hitter.

Shapiro and Candace Owens are being irresponsible. The do well with political ideology but lack in pandemic reporting. It is like athletes expressing political views.

People like them and conspiracist are making life difficult for healthcare workers and the vulnerable. Normally the tinfoil hats and Chan 8 crowd are good for jokes but they are liabilities to society during this..

IMO, we need quick testing readily available before starting back up. Many may be asymptomatic already and ready to go back and will more data than death and infected toll.

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 03-29-2020 at 09:51 AM.

We are at 2,100 deaths.

Trump's Virus Czar says we are getting ready to see between 100,000-to 200,000 deaths. But, by all means, please go lay up on an island in Kershaw County loaded with the rest of the terminally stupid...

The U.S. government’s foremost infection disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, says the U.S. will certainly have “millions of cases” of COVID-19 and more than 100,000 deaths.

As the U.S. tops the world in reported infections from the new coronavirus, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases predicts 100,000-200,000 deaths from the outbreak in the U.S.

The U.S. is currently reporting more than 124,000 cases and more than 2,100 deaths.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/...100000-deaths/

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I really wouldn't put much stock in what the Boston Globe says Fauci said. Course I wouldn't put any stock in what a deep state player like Fauci says anyway. But that aside, just Thursday he published a report in The New England Journal of Medicine and said this would likely be the same as a bad seasonal flu:

“Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted”

Direct quote:

“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2“
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I say party on. The Bill of Rights was still in effect last time I checked, and while the overwhelming majority of Americans have seen fit during this time to cast it away for some extra safety, it doesn’t change what is written. While I think it is wise to practice social distancing, I’m not going to tell other people they have to, because that’s their RIGHT. If I don’t want to get Corona, then I should take steps to make sure I don’t get it. If Im worried I may catch it at a restaurant, then I should eat at home, not tell the restaurant they have to close. If a business wants to stay open, logging operations for example (a job in which being more than 6 feet from someone is the norm), or specialty retail stores, or other places considered “non-essential”, they should be able to. I don’t have to go in them. Issuing fines for people breaking curfew and shelter-in-place orders? Really? Shutting down state parks (yes, they’re public and not private, but still). A lot of people in this country not deserving freedom right now.
    Only a suggestion, but you might consider giving the whole 'I'm smarter and more conservative than all of you' a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I see enjoying the lake but not a redneck huddle.
    You are a redneck huddle.

We almost headed up to spend the weekend at my house yesterday.. but the plumber wasnt quite finished with the new shower. I'd figure I'd take the day off of complaining and played golf and grilled, planting corn today anyways. But damn at the boats I saw heading up there. All stupid ass jacked up trucks and neon carpet boats.. I'd rather cut a finger off than be out on the water with that.

But what if they had weed?